• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Make some room on the bench please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make some room on the bench please

3 weeks time I'll be there if I can't find anything else

funny, client big blue said beginning july that no more budget for benes then recently they start talking to agent saying there can be an extension, but then purchasing says to agent benes has to take a rate cut, i told agent tell purchasing to stick their rate cut where the sun don't shine, also stressed to agent not to be under pressure to cut his margin, feck'em, they think they can find someone cheaper to to fix this stuff they are welcome to that person

as red adair said, you think it's expensive to hire a professional try hiring an amateur

anyway, might have an interview today or tomorrow for .net IDM in CH

Milan.

They've automated the tape changer

still, more time to play with your rotisserie
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

still, more time to play with your rotisserie

the rotisserie is fantastic one of the best purchases of this year

we've grilled 11 times this summer so far, I guess next weekend will be the last one

getting cooler now

Milan.

Comment

I'm on the bench now* but I've got a couple of interviews lined up so I'm not expecting to be there long, things are better than they were at the beginning of the year.

*actually I'm in a pub garden with a good wine and some tapas, listening to jazz, but you know what I mean...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

funny, client big blue said beginning july that no more budget for benes then recently they start talking to agent saying there can be an extension, but then purchasing says to agent benes has to take a rate cut, i told agent tell purchasing to stick their rate cut where the sun don't shine, also stressed to agent not to be under pressure to cut his margin, feck'em, they think they can find someone cheaper to to fix this stuff they are welcome to that person

as red adair said, you think it's expensive to hire a professional try hiring an amateur

Milan.
            When I worked for big blue the agent's margin was pretty low and (according to TAVs figures) they'd wouldn't have been making much money.

Good luck with the interview.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              *actually I'm in a pub garden with a good wine and some tapas, listening to jazz, but you know what I mean...
              Life is hard but someone has to do it?

Comment

Milan.
                You might be comming to Switzerland
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

snip
                  funny, client big blue said beginning july that no more budget for benes then recently they start talking to agent saying there can be an extension, but then purchasing says to agent benes has to take a rate cut, i told agent tell purchasing to stick their rate cut where the sun don't shine,

/snip
                  I had the same experience with the same company last year. Rate cut - no thanks, then no extension. Fine, I will have the summer off. It is not as if they pay top dollar anyway.

Then I got a call from purchasing about my unprofessional behaviour! If I left then the project would not finish on time (manager kicked it upstairs (CYA)). I said I was more than willing to stay but no rate cuts.

Rate cut or no extension.

OK, I will have the summer off.

I had a great summer
                  "All around me I see chaos and confusion, my work here is done...."

Comment

well....

project manager from migration project just called me into an office for a chat, wants to join them for 6 months on the .net migrations of the j and mdm systems

i says, i'll happily join your team but as far as I understand there's a rate cut discussion and I said I do apologise, but I won't take a rate cut, ever so sorry

he said, that he's only speaking to me now because as far as he's aware it's all signed off and without a rate cut and he knows about the discussion

i says great

now waiting for the agency to confirm

IDM in CH is still very interesting and right up where I want to get my greasy hands .net technology wise on the other side migrating the j and mdm systems would also be interesting

the ups and downs of contracting eh

we shall see

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X