• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Homebuyers could be forced to pay bigger deposits in plan to cap mortgage lending

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homebuyers could be forced to pay bigger deposits in plan to cap mortgage lending

Mortgage lending could be ‘capped’ to stop borrowers taking out insecure loans, according to a senior Bank of England official.

The Bank’s Deputy Governor Charlie Bean said ‘direct constraints’ may be needed to restrict access to credit.

This could mean homebuyers being forced to put down sizeable deposits - for example, between 10 and 25 per cent of the home’s value - before being approved for a mortgage by their banks or building societies. (AtW's comment: FFS, wasn't that amount more or less just recently?)

It is the first time that a senior official has indicated that the Bank may intervene directly with new rules to stop risky lending.

It is one of the possible new powers handed to the Bank under the government’s proposed restructuring in its Financial Services Bill due later this year.

More: Homebuyers could be forced to pay bigger deposits in plan to cap mortgage lending | Mail Online

Hey dummy, you already posted about mortgage deposit levels today: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...mortgages.html Why not resist the urge to start a new thread every time you have a thought (4 or 5 a day is too many threads, but too few thoughts).
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It was different article from The Telegraph.

Comment

So what? It's not possible to discuss another article in the same thread when it's about the same subject?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Hey dummy, you already posted about mortgage deposit levels today: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...mortgages.html Why not resist the urge to start a new thread every time you have a thought (4 or 5 a day is too many threads, but too few thoughts).
          Are you a new moderator, the people police or just a twat? The board is there to be used by all it's members as they so desire unless instructed otherwise by a moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
            Are you a new moderator, the people police or just a twat? The board is there to be used by all it's members as they so desire unless instructed otherwise by a moderator.
            You'll have to excuse d00rkg. He is on a bit of a crusade these days. Trouble is, he bumbles from one thread to another trying to be relevant, but fails spectacularly. He troggles along at rock bottom, occasionally stopping to dig.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
              The board is there to be used by all it's members as they so desire unless instructed otherwise by a moderator.
              And yet you object to me posting my opinion. What an appropriate insight into your tiny little mind, you petty troll.

EDIT: SB, I don't think you should side with SK. It's a rare opportunity for you to fight someone more stupid than you.
              Last edited by d000hg; 30 August 2010, 20:10.

Comment

EDIT: SB, I don't think you should side with SK. It's a rare opportunity for you to fight someone more stupid than you.
                He does not fight his own kind.

HTH

Comment

SB, I don't think you should side with SK. It's a rare opportunity for you to fight someone more stupid than you.
                  You are only jealous that you are yet to discover someone more stupid than you.
                  Although AtW runs you close.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    You are only jealous that you are yet to discover someone more stupid than you.
                    Although AtW runs you close.
                    What am I jealous of? Your wit, SK's objectivity or AtW's brains?

Comment

Working...
                    X