• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House values continue to rise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House values continue to rise

I am not sure about house prices, but my house value keeps going up. I sort of got into a position eleven years ago where I spend 1k a year on improvements, its now part of the family budget.
    carpets one year, patio the next, facias, new strong doors after being burgled. new drive

etc
    etc
    Oscar Wilde had something to say about people who look only at the price

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I am not sure about house prices, but my house value keeps going up.
    So you've left Merseyside then?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      So you've left Merseyside then?

Indeed so, one has.
      one is ver, ver posh now.

Could you have moved any further from Jockland ?

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Indeed so, one has.
        one is ver, ver posh now.

Could you have moved any further from Jockland ?

Well yes..............Cornwall. But then I would have needed to get an extra digit grafted on to each hand, and my toes webbed together. So Devon was far enough.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Well yes..............Cornwall. But then I would have needed to get an extra digit grafted on to each hand, and my toes webbed together. So Devon was far enough.

I like Devon. You are fortunate to be able to eke out a living down there. What's your house price doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            I like Devon. You are fortunate to be able to eke out a living down there. What's your house price doing?
            Slowly nudging upwards. Thankfully.

Comment

Working...
            X