• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can people help me out with this bit of office etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can people help me out with this bit of office etiquette

To get to our office, you have to go through this long corridor that has 3 doors in fairly quick succession. Now if I'm behind someone, as they walk through, they hold the door open so I dont have to open it.

The problem is they are still in front of me at the end of this process, so my question is:

Do I say thank you for each time he momentarily holds the door open for me or do I say thank you once, then not say it for the next two times because the thank you I said the first time should carry through for all subsequent opening of doors for me.

Advice?

Originally posted by 117MilesToGo View Post
    To get to our office, you have to go through this long corridor that has 3 doors in fairly quick succession. Now if I'm behind someone, as they walk through, they hold the door open so I dont have to open it.

The problem is they are still in front of me at the end of this process, so my question is:

Do I say thank you for each time he momentarily holds the door open for me or do I say thank you once, then not say it for the next two times because the thank you I said the first time should carry through for all subsequent opening of doors for me.

Advice?
    F**k off to a forum where someone is likely to give a sh!te.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      F**k off to a forum where someone is likely to give a sh!te.

Now now supreme spud, I hope you don't eat with that mouth!

Comment

Stand still in the doorway as he closes the door, in the hope that it might at least knock you out cold for a short, blissful time.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Advice?
          Turn your back to the door and enjoy the doorknob.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Im afraid I dont 'bend it like beckham'

Comment

You're the one who wants to go to Leeds.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Die.

Comment

Advice?
                    Walk through the door that they hold opem for you, then get to the 2nd door before they do. Then you can return the favour. Do another swap over at door #3 so you're all back where you started from.
                    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
                    X