• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will business still outsource operations to India?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will business still outsource operations to India?

BBC: Google and Skype could be hit by India data curbs

An Indian Home Ministry official told the BBC that "any company with a telecoms network should be accessible".
    "It could be Google or Skype, but anyone operating in India will have to provide data," he said.

The move follows high-profile talks with Blackberry maker Research in Motion about ways to allow Indian security forces to monitor data.

The government is also likely to target virtual private networks, which give secure access to company networks for employees working away from their offices.
    Anyone operating in India would be wise to move out. With these sort of requirements to the internal data of companies, it is proving itself to be a very unsafe place to put strategic parts of any companies operations.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

We retained a testing team in india which was pointless as the DB would have to be 'cleaned' before it got sent over to them.

Asking them to test a trade was impossible with specific data.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      We retained a testing team in india which was pointless as the DB would have to be 'cleaned' before it got sent over to them.

Asking them to test a trade was impossible with specific data.
      Utilizing remote teams is all about how you manage them. There is a different way of working in many cases, but in my experience nobody (including India) whats a crap job they cannot progress from. If you work on empowering all, you will always be succesful.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

On a similar theme: Vodafone joins queue of firms to leave China.

Is the China/India bubble starting to burst?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          On a similar theme: Vodafone joins queue of firms to leave China.

Is the China/India bubble starting to burst?
          Whatever BT will be last to leave India
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
          X