• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why?

Last edited by Lightship; 13 June 2011, 23:24.

I remember when the IRA were bombing London the biggest outcry and outrage was when a horse or horses got killed and / or injured, can't remember the details now.

I wonder why animals being treated cruelly instills more anger than recent atrocities, ethnic cleansing, service personnel being killed and just about any other injustice.

Years ago in Ireland my cousin and I were sitting by the stream at the bottom of his garden when three kittens went past, obviously dumped upstream somewhere. We both jumped in and rescued all three but two died within days, the third called Lucky survived and lasted two years until he got killed by a car crossing the road.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Well she obviously has a different set of values to you. (and me)

believe me, there's a lot of it about

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Kittens? Yes. The devil and witches have cats.

Puppies? No. Jesus had a Jack Russell and Mother Theresa a collie cross.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I don't approve of the video of course but an unwanted animal should be disposed of compassionately.

Most of my family hale from the western isles (that's way oop north). It was not unusual to put an unwanted littler in a sack with a brick and chuck it in the water.

I even remember the story of a local dog living it's last days in pain. So rather than let it suffer the dog and his master dug a hole in the field, dog jumped in the hole and looked lovingly upwards and inwards to the double barrel. The end. Best way really.

Get over it you bunch of city wincers.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            I don't approve of the video of course but an unwanted animal should be disposed of compassionately.

Most of my family hale from the western isles (that's way oop north). It was not unusual to put an unwanted littler in a sack with a brick and chuck it in the water.

I even remember the story of a local dog living it's last days in pain. So rather than let it suffer the dog and his master dug a hole in the field, dog jumped in the hole and looked lovingly upwards and inwards to the double barrel. The end. Best way really.

Get over it you bunch of city wincers.
            WHS.

Tucking into your rare steaks blubbing over some kittens FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              WHS.

Tucking into your rare steaks blubbing over some kittens FFS.
              chicken chow mein

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                I wonder why animals being treated cruelly instills more anger than recent atrocities, ethnic cleansing, service personnel being killed and just about any other injustice.
                It doesn't instill more anger.
                Anmals don't understand why they are in pain as humans usually do and we can't help them in the same way. In the case of the Hyde Park bombing one of the troopers had to beg a handgun from the police to kill the horses they couldn't possibly save.
                Just because you show compassion towards animals it doesn't mean you'd show less to your fellow man. Quite the opposite, I would argue.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  Just because you show compassion towards animals it doesn't mean you'd show less to your fellow man. Quite the opposite, I would argue.
                  WHS with bells on

The day individuals think for themselves and not like some collective comatose group of sheep will by the same day you'll hear a customers in Texas Macdonalds

"I hear these things are fatting"

"Say whaat?"
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
                    chicken chow mein
                    Kitten chow mein
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X