• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First we sell our companies to Fritz, now bits of Britain are sold to the Frogs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First we sell our companies to Fritz, now bits of Britain are sold to the Frogs

I mean seriously?

First government sells BMW and Cadburys to foreign owners now they're slicing up the country to make a quick buck?

BBC News - Dover locals anxious over possible port sale

I feel like one of those hollow tree trunks you see lying in the forest with fungus being the only resident.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

BMW = Bayerische Motoren Werke

Since when Bavaria is in the UK?

Comment

How exactly did "the government" sell Cadbury to Kraft?

Jeez. Fick or wot?

Comment

Barstewards sold Honda to the damn Japs too.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

At least we can rest assured that our beloved Queen (long may she reign) is 100% British
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
            At least we can rest assured that our beloved Queen (long may she reign) is 100% British
            I take it that was said tongue in cheek:

Queen Elizabeth is a patrilineal descendant of Albert's family, the German princely House of Wettin.
            Elizabeth bears lineage from, amongst others, Arab, Armenian, Cuman, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Serbian, and Swedish ethnicities,[1] as well as, according to Moroccan and Chinese officials, respectively, being directly descended from the Prophet Muhammad and Tang Dynasty Chinese Emperors.[2] Further, via her grandmother, Queen Mary, Elizabeth is thought to be descended from Genghis Khan.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by markinbrussels View Post
              BMW = Bayerische Motoren Werke

Since when Bavaria is in the UK?
              Well the I meant the mini brand
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                How exactly did "the government" sell Cadbury to Kraft?

Jeez. Fick or wot?
                The government had every opportunity to kick those shareholders up the, oh sir...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  The government had every opportunity to kick those shareholders up the, oh sir...
                  It's a PLC. If you pay enough you can buy it?

PS. I've worked for Cadbury HQ in the past. Stuck up snobs the lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

PS. I've worked for Cadbury HQ in the past. Stuck up snobs the lot of them.
                    Well in that case, did we get a price?

PS: I've got a lovely far tory just coming off the boil, any offers?

Comment

Working...
                    X