• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sheer Torture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheer Torture

Plan C - portable recording kit, charge karaoke singers a fortune for vanity recordings, live gigs for bands etc.

Local church choir asked me to produce a CD for the church's 100th anniversary. So, six three hour sessions later with a bunch of people who can't sing (two wear hearing aids which as far as I can see are switched off), tantrums from the choir master and a couple of flouncers I'm now mixing down the best of the tracks - six more to go.

Several other local churches with choirs now want to do the same and won't be put off by the silly prices I'm quoting. Losing the will to live...
    Me, me, me...

With all the X-Factor frenzy, a mobile recording studio charging £100 a recording for 30 minutes on a CD would clean up on the Chav estates.

Britain's got talent.

Comment

Seems like a good idea. Especially like the vanity idea for Karoke singers.

What would posters songs be?

Zippy - Do wa diddy?
      Suityou - I will survive?
      Shaunbhoy - Shaddupa ya face?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        With all the X-Factor frenzy, a mobile recording studio charging £100 a recording for 30 minutes on a CD would clean up on the Chav estates.

Britain's got talent.
        What do you think I've been doing?

The chav's are mightily impressed that I'm using the same vocal pitch correction software as the X-Factor mob - thanks to the BBC article

Pitch correction does have its limitations though
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

The chav's are mightily impressed that I'm using the same vocal pitch correction software as the X-Factor mob - thanks to the BBC article

PS It costs extra for me to create the backing track and that's good biz too

Damn, thought I was editing the original
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

Good luck. Sounds painful, but lucrative.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Good luck. Sounds painful, but lucrative.
              You do sound very painful. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                You do sound very painful. Good luck.
                Oi! Post some SKA news FFS.

Comment

Working...
                X