• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

M62 traffic eastbound

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M62 traffic eastbound

Have landed a gig after being on bench for 2 months. Manager at interview played tough about hours, his idea was - have to put in atleast 9hrs and beyond per day good rate so will give it a go.

Anybody travelling east bound on M62 peak hrs (jn 15 to jn 24) what is the traffic like both ways?

I do jn20-jn26 but at 6:30 in the morning to avoid the heaviest of the traffic.

By 7:00 it starts queueing back from jn26 so you will find it slowing as you drop down to jn23.

Thankfully my gig only expects 7 hours so I'm off at 15:45, at that time it's generally heavy-ish but free moving. Having said that I go cross-country on the way home after being caught out a couple of times sitting not moving for 2-3 hours when it gets shut after (yet another) lorry accident.
    Gronda Gronda

Comment

Originally posted by newbee View Post
      Anybody travelling east bound on M62 peak hrs (jn 15 to jn 24) what is the traffic like both ways?
      Check out the TomTom Route Planner. They claim to have monitored millions of journeys and can give you an idea of what the average delay is on particular roads at particular times of the day which should be a wet finger in the air...
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
        Check out the TomTom Route Planner. They claim to have monitored millions of journeys and can give you an idea of what the average delay is on particular roads at particular times of the day which should be a wet finger in the air...
        Just tried this on my daily route with the time input. It gave a journey time of 55mins when in fact it takes 1h:30mis. The Tom Tom time is so way out it coult not take in to concideration urban speedimits.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Have landed a gig after being on bench for 2 months. Manager at interview played tough about hours, his idea was - have to put in atleast 9hrs and beyond per day good rate so will give it a go.

So your new gig is in Halifax then

Every contractor in the country is appearing here. The good, the bad and the ugly
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Have landed a gig after being on bench for 2 months. Manager at interview played tough about hours, his idea was - have to put in atleast 9hrs and beyond per day:ohwell good rate so will give it a go.

That's a bit steep isn't it?
            I did 4 weeks of 10hr days before my summer holiday and frankly it was exhausting - add to that a daily stressful commute and it really sounds like a recipe for illness.

Why are they insisting on such long hours?
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Traffic isn't the best, but unless any accidents you should be through the sticky bits in 30-45 minutes. However, its far worse on Monday mornings. At the moment there are road works making it even slower, make sure you stay in the inside lane whilst passing the Bradford turn to move over to the fast lane as soon as the motorways merge....

Just realised you turn off before the traffic starts, you will be fine.
              Last edited by dynamicsaxcontractor; 1 September 2010, 12:04.

Comment

When the interviewer talks tough about hours, you know it will be a crap gig.

Please report back in a couple of weeks...
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  That's a bit steep isn't it?
                  I did 4 weeks of 10hr days before my summer holiday and frankly it was exhausting - add to that a daily stressful commute and it really sounds like a recipe for illness.

Why are they insisting on such long hours?
                  Absolutely why the long hrs? will only find out when i start next week. Although thinking of agreeing couple of long days 9-10 ish and rest 8 hr days after couple of weeks

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    So your new gig is in Halifax then

Every contractor in the country is appearing here. The good, the bad and the ugly
                    Yes joining the gang shortly. Whats working like there ? Planning to keep my head down for few weeks and try to adjust to m62 trek

Comment

Working...
                    X