• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Son of Spartacus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son of Spartacus

Last edited by Lightship; 13 June 2011, 23:26.

Good actor, hope he recovers from it

Comment

I vaguely recall throat cancer is one of the faster ones, is that right? Either way, stage 4 sounds ominous.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Well if Catherine needs anyone's shoulder to cry on, I am only a phonecall away.

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Bummer

Still, given the thread title, I might as well bring this one up again: one of Kirk Douglas's other sons, Eric (half-brother of Michael), tried to make it in the New York stand-up comedy scene. One night he was really bombing, with the audience booing and catcalling, and he lost his temper and shouted "Do you know who I am? I'm Kirk Douglas's son!"

A member of the audience immediately stood up and shouted "I'm Kirk Douglas's son!" Another stood and shouted "No, I'm Kirk Douglas's son!" - then a third, and so it built, until the entire audience was shouting "I'm Kirk Douglas's son!" and he wisely decided to leave the stage

Comment

Is stage 4 where you can't give blow jobs?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I vaguely recall throat cancer is one of the faster ones, is that right? Either way, stage 4 sounds ominous.
              Stage 4 == "you're stuffed"

Cancer cells have probably spread to nearby regions and the liver

Comment

Stage 4

This means the cancer is advanced. There are 3 groups within stage 4

* 4a means the cancer has grown into the skull, cranial nerves, eye or lower part of the throat (T4). There may be cancer cells in the lymph nodes on one or both sides of the neck. These nodes are smaller than 6cm and above the collarbone area.
                * 4b means the cancer may have grown into the skull, cranial nerves, eye or lower part of the throat (T4) and it has spread to at least one lymph node that is bigger than 6cm across, or is in the collarbone area, or both
                * 4c means the main tumour is of any size but there is cancer spread to other parts of the body further away, for example the bone, lungs or brain
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  Stage 4

This means the cancer is advanced. There are 3 groups within stage 4

* 4a means the cancer has grown into the skull, cranial nerves, eye or lower part of the throat (T4). There may be cancer cells in the lymph nodes on one or both sides of the neck. These nodes are smaller than 6cm and above the collarbone area.
                  * 4b means the cancer may have grown into the skull, cranial nerves, eye or lower part of the throat (T4) and it has spread to at least one lymph node that is bigger than 6cm across, or is in the collarbone area, or both
                  * 4c means the main tumour is of any size but there is cancer spread to other parts of the body further away, for example the bone, lungs or brain
                  Yup... you're stuffed
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

what makes me sad about this, is that there are kids being born today who will only know about Cancer from their history books. I am convinced it will be conquered in the next 50 years

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X