• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Osborne could pay off the debt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Osborne could pay off the debt

Play the lottery as they plan to do in Italy. Sminki: Bloomberg.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Best way would be to pretend to upgrade Trident (good job there are no Russians reading this site) and use the billionssaved there so we could all have a good old knees up.

Perfect.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 2 September 2010, 11:01.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
      Best way would be to pretend to upgrade Trident (good job there are no Russians reading this site) and use the billionssaved there so we good all have a good old knees up.

Perfect.
      One day, when we unleash nuclear destruction upon one of our enemies, you will be glad we kept up the nuclear program.
      There's nothing worse than being caught with your pants down when Johnny foreigner needs a damn good nuking

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It's already cost Britain around £20bn in Iraq and Afghanistan. Ten times the amount to scrap student fees. Monies wasted on pointless wars given the sate of public finances. If they're sincere about reducing debt, they need to get things into perspective and start pulling the troops out as one of the main options.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          One day, when we unleash nuclear destruction upon one of our enemies, you will be glad we kept up the nuclear program.
          There's nothing worse than being caught with your pants down when Johnny foreigner needs a damn good nuking

Well good job I didnt spill the beans about the original Trident - which was a fake program - thats why the upgrade isnt real.

I think we still have a rusty Polaris somewhere or other .

And we could always fit a warhead onto a Tomahawk or Cruise missile.

Good job Ivan doesnt read this site.
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 2 September 2010, 11:01.

Comment

I have often said that they should give the unemployed / sick / whatever free goes on the lottery each week.

They would have far more chance of winning a big prize and getting off benefits than the chances of any of the schemes that the government come up with helping them.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              Well good job I didnt spill the beans about the original Trident - was a fake program - thats why the upgrade isnt real.

I think we still have a rusty Polaris somewhere or other .

And we could always fit a warhead onto a Tomahawk or Cruise missile.

Good job Ivan doesnt read this site.
              I used to be impressed that the Soviets had such a good nuclear umbrella, till I found out it was carried around London by a chap called Oleg, who used it to stab Polonium into peoples legs

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EC4N View Post
                It's already cost Britain around £20bn in Iraq and Afghanistan. Ten times the amount to scrap student fees. Monies wasted on pointless wars given the sate of public finances. If they're sincere about reducing debt, they need to get things into perspective and start pulling the troops out as one of the main options.
                We are sending young, fit, hard working people to fight in pointless wars, and paying them, and paying the unemployed/sick/lazy to do nothing at home. Surely this is back to front?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  We are sending young, fit, hard working people to fight in pointless wars, and paying them, and paying the unemployed/sick/lazy to do nothing at home. Surely this is back to front?
                  Soon the fit young men will be back home figthing the unemployed and neer-do-wells.

Perfect.

Comment

Whoops - looks like Ivan is already on to the Trident being non-existant ...

Specially upgraded Russian Akula class submarine has been caught trying to record the acoustic signature made by the Vanguard submarines that carry Trident nuclear missiles, according to senior Navy officers.

British submariners have also reported that they are experiencing the highest number of "contacts" with Russian submarines since 1987.

Should we just launch the Polaris as a warning that we shall not be nuclear blackmailed ?

Which country to target - Im torn between Finland and Chile - ...

Comment

Working...
                    X