• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Standard Life to boot out 100 IT contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard Life to boot out 100 IT contractors

Another whack for the Scottish finance sector...

Standard Life to axe 500 jobs at Edinburgh office - Herald Scotland | News | Home News

I was in there last year. They were only offering 3 month contracts, so not much security at all...

Originally posted by vandiss View Post
    Another whack for the Scottish finance sector...

Standard Life to axe 500 jobs at Edinburgh office - Herald Scotland | News | Home News

I was in there last year. They were only offering 3 month contracts, so not much security at all...
    Usual stop/go management - sack the contractors- instant hit on reducing costs, let the permies fook it up , get the contractors back in to fix the fook up......nothing to see here, move along

& if you want security you're in the wrong job

& it's in Scotland so I care even less

& I'm a shareholder so I applaud this decision

HTH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I left there recently. Glad I did, place was crap.

Spoke to someone last night, looks like they will be moving everything offshore.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I left there recently. Glad I did, place was crap.

Spoke to someone last night, looks like they will be moving everything offshore.
        Lots of contract work in a few years' time then.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...umbrellas.html

is this an abuse of ICT, my understanding was they needed a company to do this, not dodgyagents, no offence intended to dodgyagent

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            Lots of contract work in a few years' time then.
            *shudders*

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Usual stop/go management - bring in arrogant contractors as expensive 'gurus' to show permies how it's done - contractors charge a fortune and spend all day on internet forums talking about how great they are, company screwed, throws contractors out......nothing to see here, move along
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Usual stop/go management - sack the contractors- instant hit on reducing costs, let the permies fook it up , get the contractors back in to fix the fook up......nothing to see here, move along

HTH
                You don't 'sack' contractors.. duhhhh..

</pedant off>

That aside Troll is right. Barclays is a perfect example where they walked all 700+ contractors off site last Decemeber and now they can't take them back on fast enough.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You don't 'sack' contractors.. duhhhh..

</pedant off>

That aside Troll is right. Barclays is a perfect example where they walked all 700+ contractors off site last Decemeber and now they can't take them back on fast enough.
                  You fookin pedant
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The BBC are reporting RBS kicking 3,500 staff out including 1000 in IT.

Good, less public sector workers is what we need.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X