• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Impressed to fck

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressed to fck

It takes a lot to impress me these days, but my lad has done it twice in a month. He has gone from being a typical teenage lad, to being a top man.

First off, he suprised me by telling me at the beginning of July that he had been saving up for a year. He put his job on hold, got the tickets, passport sorted, hotel sorted and he flew out to Canada to see this bird he had been chatting to on the interweb. It all went well for him.

His mates, meanwhile, lie around in bed till 2 in the afternoon before heading off to sign on or go to play pool in the pub.

Second, he rang me last night to ask if he could borrow my tent and rubber dinghy. He plans to take the grandkids camping in the lakes, to give my daughter a break.

Top lad

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

What was the final chapter in the Canadian-Under-Age-Sex-Scandal?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      First off, he suprised me by telling me at the beginning of July that he had been saving up for a year. He put his job on hold, got the tickets, passport sorted, hotel sorted and he flew out to Canada to see this bird he had been chatting to on the interweb. It all went well for him.
      Really? What happened in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        What was the final chapter in the Canadian-Under-Age-Sex-Scandal?
        Oh jeez. it was like a soap opera.

I was away in Somerset, incomunicado. The wife gets a phone call from the girls mum in Canada, sying the girl is underage and that I am a turd for not letting mum know that the lad was on his way. The lad went offline, so we all thought he was in jail.

So I emailed the mum saying it was her daughters job to inform mum, how on earth was I supposed to know her contact details.

no reply.

So when I got home, I rang mum in Canada - 'Oh thanks soooo much for calling. He is such a lovely lad, really good for my daughter, did you know she went through a year of depression ? he brought her through that. He's been around for tea three times, we all love him to bits.
        Underage ??? oh no, she's not underage, I said that because I was angry. He hasnt been in touch ? oh thats because I had the phone deactivated when I was mad'

I had to bite my tongue. after all, I might be related to her this time next year

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Oh jeez. it was like a soap opera.

I was away in Somerset, incomunicado. The wife gets a phone call from the girls mum in Canada, sying the girl is underage and that I am a turd for not letting mum know that the lad was on his way. The lad went offline, so we all thought he was in jail.

So I emailed the mum saying it was her daughters job to inform mum, how on earth was I supposed to know her contact details.

no reply.

So when I got home, I rang mum in Canada - 'Oh thanks soooo much for calling. He is such a lovely lad, really good for my daughter, did you know she went through a year of depression ? he brought her through that. He's been around for tea three times, we all love him to bits.
          Underage ??? oh no, she's not underage, I said that because I was angry. He hasnt been in touch ? oh thats because I had the phone deactivated when I was mad'

I had to bite my tongue. after all, I might be related to her this time next year

Soooo....

The daughter went through a year of depression.

The mother lies on the phone because she's angry and then deactivated the phone?

Sorry mate but aren't alarm bells ringing?

Spod - In "Potential Bunny-Boiler Alert" mode!

Comment

Soooo....

The mother lies on the phone because she's angry and then deactivated the phone?

My latest woman last week was talking about the cat moving in with her!

I don't know about boiling bunnies, but I was certainly afraid for the cat......

Comment

Soooo....

Absolutely, first question I asked her was, 'depression eh ? was she on any medication for that ?'

apparently she was just a bit fed up at school, possibly a bit of bullying.

The bottom line though, is that its up to him. he has to tread his own minefields

if he asks my opinion, I will give it. otherwise I will keep schtumm
              (the missus and my older daughter disagree, they think I should be more opinionated)

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                My latest woman last week was talking about the cat moving in with her!

I don't know about boiling bunnies, but I was certainly afraid for the cat......
                Has the cat got its' own place at the moment?
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  Has the cat got its' own place at the moment?
                  Cat technically lives at Wilmslow Towers for his documentation, but actually frequents several houses depending on the time of day and who is in. I looked out of my upstairs window the other day and saw Mr Cat lying like a brazen hussy on the window sill of the house behind mine!

Comment

Dinghies? Camping in the lakes? Those Canucks have turned him. Does he go quiet about exactly what happened while the phone was disconnected? Does he mumble in his sleep about mooses and syrup?

It's not too late to save the next generation... Grandad... when can Uncle take us oot again?

Comment

Working...
                    X