• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7K Holiday homes for full time residence ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7K Holiday homes for full time residence ?

Anyone aware of a place where they will let you live permanently in one of those 7 - 15 K "holiday homes" .. ? You know .. the small wooden shacks at various holiday spots...

I think most such holiday areas let you buy one of these but don't let you stay more than 2 -3 months or something ....

Originally posted by supergal View Post
    Anyone aware of a place where they will let you live permanently in one of those 7 - 15 K "holiday homes" .. ? You know .. the small wooden shacks at various holiday spots...

I think most such holiday areas let you buy one of these but don't let you stay more than 2 -3 months or something ....
    My mate lives in a large caravan just down the road from me. He paid less than 20k for it and pays about 2k annual site fees. Also no council tax but the site closes one month a year.

Comment

I believe there are some places that will let you live in them for up to 11 months of the year. Staying out for a month helps you avoid some Council Tax IIRC. Not sure they are as cheap as you suggest mind you, unless you are talking about somewhere "Third World" like Skegness. Down here in Devon they are much pricier options, but still feasible, if you like that sort of thing.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

A friend and his wife bought one of these, as above closed in January.

They didn't read the small print and when they came to sell it the site owners had first refusal to purchase so they lost a bundle.

Edit: They paid something like 35k and lost around 20k. Not sure if that's typical but caveat emptor...
        Last edited by Cliphead; 2 September 2010, 17:59.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
        X