• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Massive Mini targets family car market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive Mini targets family car market

BBC News - Massive Mini targets family car market

Should someone explain the English definition of 'mini' to the Germans? It must mean 'bloated and unrecognisable' in Deutschland.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Had they followed this template with the mini-skirt, the bints would have needed to tow a wheelbarrow behind them to carry the excess material.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The Daily Mash - MINI LAUCHES FIRST AIRCRAFT CARRIER

The Mini Aircraftman has its roots in the original design by Sir Edward Issigonis, but is 330 metres longer and can carry up to 90 F14 tomcats.
      Not just me then.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Seen one a couple of months ago, we are getting one in a couple of weeks.

It truly is massive.

Comment

The guy explained that there were loads of 20 somethings that got the mini in their 20s and are now popping sprogs, they liked the mini but could not make the jump to the BMW family cars so were shifting to VWs.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            The guy explained that there were loads of 20 somethings that got the mini in their 20s and are now popping sprogs, they liked the mini but could not make the jump to the BMW family cars so were shifting to VWs.
            But it's no longer a Mini.

If Fiat built a 4.1 meter long 5 door Cinquecento the public would reject it as a joke, this is 'stretching' the original concept a little too far IMO.

I bet it has an iPad dock.

Comment

It's a mini 4*4.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                It's a medium 4*4.
                FTFY

Comment

for Brits, historically, mini was a concept

for the rest of the world, today, mini is a brand owned by bmw

do not forget, the krauts ain't daft, this ain't a velsatis or the two door equivalent

i am sure, this will be very successful

by the way apparently there's a velsatis replacement coming

and what about the long overdue new omega (or carlton for the older ones) equivalent replacement due out at some time ?

Milan.

Comment

Is this now the new 'Maxi'?

I'm looking forward to BMW revamping the Allegro and Marina next.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X