• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last night driving home from the airport....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night driving home from the airport....

driving through an interchange, on a quite sharp corner,

the german registered lorry in front of me, dropped some metal pieces

i saw some of them and avoided them but others didn't reflect in the headlights

hit one and got a front nearside puncture, same for the car behind me and the car behind
    him !!

not the most pleasant thing, puncture at night on the motorway

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    driving through an interchange, on a quite sharp corner,

the german registered lorry in front of me, dropped some metal pieces

i saw some of them and avoided them but others didn't reflect in the headlights

hit one and got a front nearside puncture, same for the car behind me and the car behind
    him !!

not the most pleasant thing, puncture at night on the motorway

Milan.
    I keep in my car:-

Reflective vests.

Yellow strobe

Warning Triangle

12v Tyre inflator

Emergency tyre repair

This got me out the poo earlier this year. I did a quick fix in less than five minutes.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I hit what I think was something metal on the A34 at night a couple of years ago. It put a 2" gash in the tyre - tyre weld would not have helped.

Fortunately I was a mile from the services and limped it that far before putting on the spare. The A34 is not somewhere you want to stop at the best of times.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I hit what I think was something metal on the A34 at night a couple of years ago. It put a 2" gash in the tyre - tyre weld would not have helped.

Fortunately I was a mile from the services and limped it that far before putting on the spare. The A34 is not somewhere you want to stop at the best of times.
        You need a Citroen for that

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

yes in our two main cars the datsun and the passat i've got the vests, spare wheels (full size) etc, warning triangles, mag lites, and even in the datsun i've got a revolving orange beacon with the idea that if i am stuck at night this will give even more visibility to other motorists

but alas last night I was in the car I take to the airport in summer time, our 15 yr old golf gtd mk111

luckily the golf has a vests, and the warning triangle which were both used last night, and unfortunately only a space saver spare wheel, so once the spare was on I drove the last 15km's at 70kph in the slow lane with the fog light on watching the rear view mirror incase some approached too fast and being ready to put the warning lights on

agreed, it is not pleasant to stop on the motorway at night and i was very worried, so resolution will be, full size spare wheel in the golf and orange beacons in all cars and mag lites

we don't want to become statistics

Milan.

Comment

Not had an accident but somewhat similar, I was catching up a lorry and saw what looked like water splashing off the top. As I got closer, coming out to overtake, I realised they were in fact glass bottles escaping from the back. Nice.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
            X