• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thanks all on behalf of the lurkers ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all on behalf of the lurkers ....

As a recent entrant to the non-permie world (I am actually a freelance Business Analyst not an IT bod) can I just say a thank you to everyone who contributes to this excellent Bulletin Board. I have been a closet lurker for quite a while and despite not wearing an IT Contractor cloak, I have found the information, advice and above all the banter extremely informative and entertaining. The comments were very re-assuring in supporting (what was for me) the big step in casting aside the shackles of the corporate straight-jacket.

Without wishing to single anyone out, special thanks to Malvolio for the pithy wit.

Strangely, since leaving permiedom, my other half now expects me to do lots more things around the house. Is this normal ?

It is normal, if she's thinking of divorcing you...
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy with the bowtie
      As a recent entrant to the non-permie world (I am actually a freelance Business Analyst not an IT bod) can I just say a thank you to everyone who contributes to this excellent Bulletin Board. I have been a closet lurker for quite a while and despite not wearing an IT Contractor cloak, I have found the information, advice and above all the banter extremely informative and entertaining. The comments were very re-assuring in supporting (what was for me) the big step in casting aside the shackles of the corporate straight-jacket.

Without wishing to single anyone out, special thanks to Malvolio for the pithy wit.

Strangely, since leaving permiedom, my other half now expects me to do lots more things around the house. Is this normal ?
      Good morning Malvolio
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

See, you all mock me but the disciples are growing and the world domination plan is starting to come together.. bwahahahah...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
          Good morning Malvolio
          That didn't even cross my mind.

I'm too bloody slow!

Comment

As a fellow lurker, I agree with the guy with the bowtie in all respects other than one. I've been lurking here for years and I can categorically say that the only reason I and my fellow lurkers continue lurking here is because of that great guy Lucifer Box. He is so funny, insightful and witty it really makes my mornings worthwhile. All of my colleagues agree and we all crowd round my PC in the morning to read his latest posts. In fact, I'd be happy for him to come round and bang my wife as long as it keeps him posting. She makes a lovely pot of tea and bakes a mean cake, and I've heard he's partial to that.

Thanks again, mate, you're the greatest.

Comment

OK, Lucy, if we're doing the intellectual thing this morning - do I assume that your nom-de guerre is because you see yourself as being an entity that works exclusively with matches, or are you merely a fan of Mr Gatiss?BTW, wasn't fooled for a minute. Honest... But next time wait until I've had at least one coffee!
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It just so happened that when I was signing up for the board and trying to think of a nick there was a copy of The Vesuvius Club on the desk in front of me. There's no role fulfilment going on or anything like that. It is a good read though.

Comment

Working...
                X