• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So so sad.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So so sad.......

Bristol Office Worker Falls To His Death | Bristol's News | Bristol News Centre - JACK fm - Playing What We Want - Bristol's Local Radio Station

Allegedly no slipping/tripping or pushing was involved, this is so so sad............
    “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

BT have an office with a hole in the centre of the building where you can see the ground floor cafe from the 4th floor.

That place would also be a jumper's paradise if a person was so inclined...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      BT have an office with a hole in the centre of the building where you can see the ground floor cafe from the 4th floor.

I'm undecided on how I would take my own life (if I was inclined)

Jumping from a roof, falling off a boat, throwing ones self under a train, pills, wearing a KKK outfit around Brixton?

Not sure if I have a preference..
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Would that be the Leeds offices? I worked there for two years and while the open center was a nice idea in practice it meant you got all the hot air and cooking smells from the cafe going up the middle of the building and into all the office areas.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Jumping from a roof, falling off a boat, throwing ones self under a train, pills, wearing a KKK outfit around Brixton?

Sweetie, if you wanted out, I'm sure there would be no end of people only too willing to lend a hand
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            Sweetie, if you wanted out, I'm sure there would be no end of people only too willing to lend a hand
            Is 'Death by CUKKER' suicide?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

As I have said before, a Cessna 310R set on autopilot out over the sea, playing Freebird on my Fender Strat Deluxe in the back, loaded with single malt whisky.

Just for the irony.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

How about finding a tall building above a railway line. Wait until a train is coming, then take an overdose, slash your wrists, set yourself on fire, and jump.

At least if you were unlucky enough to survive nobody would be saying you didn't really want to kill yourself and were just trying to get attention.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Man now named.......

A MAN who fell three storeys to his death at the Axa Centre in Stoke Gifford has been named.
                  “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Comment

A one company man, hoping to see his pension from Sun Life. Out-sourced from Axa (who bought SL) to Capita last year. He moved jobs without wanting to and suffered for it, no sooner did he come back when it was announced that there were going to be redundancies. He must have thought he was going to be on the list.

Some souls are not cut out for this new non-loyalty, mobile way of working.

You're right Hugh, very sad.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X