• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More to Life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More to Life

Occasionally I am reminded that there is more to life. Missus's best schoolfriend phones up today and tells us she has leukemia and just started chemo. She is mid thirties with 2 small kids and a husband already on the sick with depression.

And there was me getting worried about being on the bench for the next few months.

Tell me about it.

One tomorrow is worth two todays, make it count...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Awful. Sorry to hear that, hope she fights it successfully.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Dreadful news Moorfield. Best wishes to all concerned. They have made huge strides recently in fighting cancer, and IIRC, Leukemia is one of those they have had a lot of success with. All the best anyway.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It does take events like these to wake you up to what really matters in life.

In Scotland when you hit 50 you can take a free test for bowel cancer - my first test resuts suggested there was a potential problem - an uneasy wait for the second test results some two weeks later gave the all clear - phew .

There but for the grace of God ...

PS May your friend's cancer be eradicated
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 6 September 2010, 12:33.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            Occasionally I am reminded that there is more to life. Missus's best schoolfriend phones up today and tells us she has leukemia and just started chemo. She is mid thirties with 2 small kids and a husband already on the sick with depression.

And there was me getting worried about being on the bench for the next few months.
            Taking into account the historical context, we've been already very lucky.

Only 94 years ago, 20.000 soldiers were dying in a single day at the Somme.

What's death? Nothing to be scared of. It's gonna come, whether you like or not.

Comment

Insensitive at best, markinbrussels.

If you can't say owt good, say nowt...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

WCS.

Hardly an appropriate response was it. Shame on you.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  WCS.

Hardly an appropriate response was it. Shame on you.
                  I need to check if thats one of my sockies, type of dumb thing I would have posted.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I need to check if thats one of my sockies, type of dumb thing I would have posted.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X