• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poland ... HTF

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poland ... HTF

....did they get into EU. Outside Warsaw the place is absolutely 3rd world.

I had the misfortune have having to undertake a train journey from East Poland to Warsaw yesterday and I think I have seen better transport systems in Central Africa. The taxis outside Warsaw are definately in need of a bit of MOT as well

WTF are they doing with all this money the EU is giving them? I was not expecting Western European standards but it was like the set of a WW2 movie.

Sunny "gavarit po angliski" San
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Originally posted by sunnysan
    I had the misfortune have having to undertake a train journey from East Poland to Warsaw yesterday and I think I have seen better transport systems in Central Africa. The taxis outside Warsaw are definately in need of a bit of MOT as well
    Not that the train system in the UK outside London/Manchester is so much better either
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

WTF are they doing with all this money the EU is giving them? I was not expecting Western European standards but it was like the set of a WW2 movie.
      They are doing what all the other members of the EU do with their money, lining their own poclets.

Mailman

Comment

I reckon that this is a big mistake that Poland is doing. Concentrating all the economics development on the main towns (Crackow, Warsaw) and neglecting the rest of the country. In other eastern european states, they are trying to spread the development around the whole country with greater benefits in the longer run (in my opinion).
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

cheaper

tulip loads cheaper though eh?

Comment

Cheaper

Indeed you get what you pay for.

40 pzl / ticket for a journey about the same as London to Bristol. (about £7,50).

Just dont use the toilets at the station, there are still pieces of cr@p in there from when the Germans invaded.

Comment

Well Im going to the north west on Monday for a contract.

Hope it isn't as bad as you say!

Comment

Who lives in Poland now? I thought that they were all over here. The EU money probably goes on bus and air fares to ship all the Poles out.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Dodgy

Aye DA,

I was walking around in a supermarket in Warsaw and I commented to my gf that I am hearing so much Polish I feel like I am back in London :-)

Comment

That will teach you not to be a skinflint and travel direct to Warsaw in future
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X