• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One bag packing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One bag packing

While browsing the above subject I came across this video.

Informative and amusing.

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Suffering succotash, he sounds like Sylvester the cat.

Comment

One bag!

The problem is that these days your toiletries n' stuff can't be carry-on. There will be a point where there has to be a split of what goes with you as carry-on i.e. documentation, lappy, iWhatever, stuff; and what gets checked-in.

I suppose it could be done if you were driving, bus, or train.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Is this meant to be deep, meaningful and profound like One Hand Clapping?
        Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
        Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

The more I travel light the more she fills up my bag with her stuff.

Comment

Sorry, that bag won't last or protect. I've got one of these. Ten years on and still in use. Enough room for laptop, radio, GPS, books, tools, clothes etc etc. Very secure with duel locking. I also take a chain and padlock with me an chain it to a seat at the airport. It will fit in the overhead locker.

Cabin Collection Upright 55cm/20inch - Delivery in United Kingdom by Samsonite
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              The problem is that these days your toiletries n' stuff can't be carry-on.
              You can get mini versions of toiletries these days from a few super markets which you can take as carry on.

Have to say his bag is a decent size for carry on. Better than some of the suitcases that you see jammed into the over head bins.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                You can get mini versions of toiletries these days from a few super markets which you can take as carry on.
                True. What I was also thinking of was items like shaving kit, nail clippers, etc. I've got loads of prescribed items in my wash bag.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  True. What I was also thinking of was items like shaving kit, nail clippers, etc. I've got loads of prescribed items in my wash bag.
                  Nails: Clip your nails before you go

Shaving: most decent hotels will happily give you a razor if you ask nicely or buy an electric one
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Nails: Clip your nails before you go

Shaving: most decent hotels will happily give you a razor if you ask nicely or buy an electric one
                    I have airline approved nail clippers. It is not the cutter that is banned; it is the pointed end of the nail file that comes with the clippers. Airline approved ones have square ends.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X