• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extenshun.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extenshun.....

well, after a clear message in early July that there will be no more extensions....

3 weeks before end of contract they come back and say, you can have 3 months on paper
    and verbal that it will continue until easter next year

but

there has to be a rate cut

i told 'em stick their rate cut where the sun don't shine and also made it clear to the agency I do not
    expect the agency to cut their margin - keep it all like it is and if they don't like it tough

anyway.....

agency caves in and cut's their margin but purchasing team are still not happy and wants more....

wants a minimum weekly utilisation of 25 hours per week

i tells the agency, tell 'em it's 28 hours or nothing

while waiting for the decision I hears from a colleague that he's just been in a meeting where pm's are discussing
    my work load, cos they're worried there's gonna be so much I'll need someone working with me....

purchasing agrees to the 28 hours minimum utilisation

all's well that ends well

a great great lesson the whole exercise has been, because, if I had caved in on rate and then... been hit with dropping
    the number of hours that would have been really bad

as it is, it's all fine

contracting eh, all good fun

benes family will have food on the table for a few months more

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    well, after a clear message in early July that there will be no more extensions....

3 weeks before end of contract they come back and say, you can have 3 months on paper
    and verbal that it will continue until easter next year

but

there has to be a rate cut

i told 'em stick their rate cut where the sun don't shine and also made it clear to the agency I do not
    expect the agency to cut their margin - keep it all like it is and if they don't like it tough

anyway.....

agency caves in and cut's their margin but purchasing team are still not happy and wants more....

wants a minimum weekly utilisation of 25 hours per week

i tells the agency, tell 'em it's 28 hours or nothing

while waiting for the decision I hears from a colleague that he's just been in a meeting where pm's are discussing
    my work load, cos they're worried there's gonna be so much I'll need someone working with me....

purchasing agrees to the 28 hours minimum utilisation

all's well that ends well

a great great lesson the whole exercise has been, because, if I had caved in on rate and then... been hit with dropping
    the number of hours that would have been really bad

as it is, it's all fine

contracting eh, all good fun

benes family will have food on the table for a few months more

Milan.
    Well done benesy. Word to the wise though, upgrade the wheels. They probably saw your rusting Passat and thought "This guy is a soft touch!"

HTH
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

he he

thanks Shaun

Milan.

Comment

that's unfortunate

i am thinking of cashing in the passat and adding a few more £$£ and getting a soft top LR 90 and join the off-roading brigade :-)

anyone else do off roading ?

Milan.

Comment

Milan.
          Not since the bastards nicked my good mountain bike.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Milan.
            Yes. But only occasionally, in the company Hilux.
            Great fun!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
            X