• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Regulatory Body for Agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regulatory Body for Agencies

Hi all,

I have a bit of an unusual question: Does anybody know if there is some sort of Regulatory Body for agencies, that sets some sort of standads - somewhere you can go and complain?

My agent forwarded a private email conversation I had with him regarding my contract 1:1 to the client. This was done deliberately to present me in a bad light ...
    I find this extremely unprofessional and I want to prepare as well as possible before confonting my agent/his superior

Best Regards & thanks in advance

marty

Originally posted by mlidl
    Hi all,

I have a bit of an unusual question: Does anybody know if there is some sort of Regulatory Body for agencies, that sets some sort of standads - somewhere you can go and complain?

My agent forwarded a private email conversation I had with him regarding my contract 1:1 to the client. This was done deliberately to present me in a bad light ...
    I find this extremely unprofessional and I want to prepare as well as possible before confonting my agent/his superior

Best Regards & thanks in advance

marty
    Just post your complaints on this board and the members will sort it all out for you.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You could try complaining to ATSCo (http://www.atsco.org/). You will probably be wasting your time, but there's no harm in trying. My advice is chalk it up to experience, move on, and don't send unprofessional emails to agents ever again. These guys are not your pals down the pub.

Comment

Whenever I hear the word Regulatory Body, I reach for my revolver.

Whether its HR departments, Courts or what have you, I prefer to settle disputes on a one to one basis, always of course, brandishing my revolver.

Call me old fashioned, but its amazing how a revolver can bring the other party to its senses.

Comment

ATSCo or REC are the key bodies - although neither seems to show much evidence of interest in their suppliers. Check which your agency belongs to and write to the relevant one, but don't hold your breath. It might also be worth writing to the MD of the agency and see if he's aware that he's employing cowboys - if nothing happens, then it's time to name and shame
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

ATSCo and REC are not regulatory bodies, they are essentially lobbying organisations run by agencies for agencies.
            And an excuse for an annual pissup.

Have a quick look at the ATSCo executive committee here
            With the exception of 2 accountants (and not two of our favourites either ) thay are all from recruitment companies.
            I would imagine if you tried complaining to them, they would most probably laugh at you.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
              Whenever I hear the word Regulatory Body, I reach for my revolver.

Whether its HR departments, Courts or what have you, I prefer to settle disputes on a one to one basis, always of course, brandishing my revolver.

Call me old fashioned, but its amazing how a revolver can bring the other party to its senses.

trust me i considered that

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                You could try complaining to ATSCo (http://www.atsco.org/). You will probably be wasting your time, but there's no harm in trying. My advice is chalk it up to experience, move on, and don't send unprofessional emails to agents ever again. These guys are not your pals down the pub.

Thank you for the hint mate :

FYI

Dear Martin
                Thank you for making contact with ATSCo.
                Our Members adhere to the ATSCo Code of Conduct.
                Kindly may we have more details from you in order to peruse your complaint.
                Please send us the name of the agency you are taking issue with and the name of the consultant with any dates/times to assist us.

Marilyn Davidson, ATSCo Director, will be dealing with this issue. mailto:[email protected]

yours truly
                Rina Durban
                ATSCo
                020 8676 9888

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Alf, you're old fashioned.

I find that a horse's head at the foot of the bed in the morning really really gees them up...
                  Aye ZG

I do confess to being old fashioned, out dated maybe.

They tell me I should replace my aging revolver with one of these RPG new fangled things, but I am reluctant to embrace change.

As they say in HR departments.

Comment

Yes there can somtimes be something to be said for this new fangled stuff, a case in point I purchased last month a Philips Portable Radio (wirelss as well !)
                    which has a handle in turn to power the device, this is handy for annoying travellers on the bus and train and also to deal with the power cuts which Europe will suffer as the price of Oil goes through the roof.

I hope you have all stockpiled food water and gas bottles for the next six months, if not, then God bless you.
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 2 February 2006, 16:27.

Comment

Working...
                    X