• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't fall asleep in the car.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't fall asleep in the car.

A 58 year old lady was arrested and beaten by police after being found asleep in her car.

This doubly pees me off because I have lost count on the number of times I have pulled over for a snooze and Mr Plod knocks on the window.

BBC News - Wiltshire policeman jailed for cell attack on woman
    Last edited by Paddy; 7 September 2010, 19:46.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

I was watching First Blood on youtube the other day

YouTube - HD - Rambo: First Blood - Full Movie [Part 2/10]

Comment

I just actually watched the footage, it's shocking. I heard on the radio that the judge recommended he serve 3 months of the 6 month sentence. I hadn't realised he'd done it in front of other officers, too.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        I just actually watched the footage, it's shocking. I heard on the radio that the judge recommended he serve 3 months of the 6 month sentence. I hadn't realised he'd done it in front of other officers, too.
        Yes he is a thug and one of the other officers complained and used the video as evidence. It just goes to prove that there are good and bad apples in all organisations.

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
          Yes he is a thug and one of the other officers complained and used the video as evidence. It just goes to prove that there are good and bad apples in all organisations.
          Mostly bad by the look of it. There were 6 coppers watching what he did and not finding anything wrong with it. If it hadn't been for one WPC with the heart of a lion, nothing would have been done about it, except possibly for a few charges like resisting arrest etc.

The fact that NONE of the others thought it was wrong is worse than the fact that one thug abused his power to assault an innocent woman.
          Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

[QUOTE=worzelGummidge;1191449]Yes he is a thug and one of the other officers complained and used the video as evidence. It just goes to prove that there are good and bad apples in all organisations.[/QUOTE]

What a dickhead reply. If there are bad apples in other organisations they are not given authority to use force on the public in the way the police have. The police are unique in that they are given authority to use force, maim or even kill. A bad apple working at the Post Office is hardly going thump you if get in the wrong queue. The fact is many men join the police in order to have an outlet for their aggression.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Should be more like 6 years.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm sure his fellow inmates will welcome him
                Gronda Gronda

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post

What a dickhead reply. If there are bad apples in other organisations they are not given authority to use force on the public in the way the police have. The police are unique in that they are given authority to use force, maim or even kill. A bad apple working at the Post Office is hardly going thump you if get in the wrong queue. The fact is many men join the police in order to have an outlet for their aggression.
                  Would you say the same about the Armed Forces then Paddy?
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

If there are bad apples in other organisations they are not given authority to use force on the public in the way the police have. The police are unique in that they are given authority to use force, maim or even kill. A bad apple working at the Post Office is hardly going thump you if get in the wrong queue. The fact is many men join the police because they failed to get any A* GCSEs.
                    ftfy
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X