• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cool pool car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool pool car

Had to drive to Hemel Hemstead yesterday.

Heart sank when I was given the keys to a Honda Civic.

Until I saw it - it was a TypeR, complete with 6 speed gearbox, red starting button and bucket seats.

Would hate to own one, due to the fuel cost, but, what a fun car to have for a couple of nights with paid fuel - the handling and accelleration of that thing is mindblowing.

Back to my diesel focus now......

6 speed, eh? Living the high life. Are you counting reverse in that I doubt it's hungry on petrol if you drive it like a normal car since it is light.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      6 speed, eh? Living the high life. Are you counting reverse in that I doubt it's hungry on petrol if you drive it like a normal car since it is light.
      I was looking at one of these last time I was buying, and was astounded how flimsy the body panels are on them.

Needless to say gives very little protection when progressing as Wilmslow implies he was.

I didn't buy one.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I used to own a Civic Type-R (previous model), not too bad on fuel unless you rag it which of course you should or there's little point in having one. It made me smile on twisty A roads but also made me cry on long motorway journeys.

The body panels were no worse than any other car I've had, in fact the Audi A4 I owned had thicker panels but I found it was more prone to dings, maybe the steel was softer?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          I used to own a Civic Type-R (previous model), not too bad on fuel unless you rag it which of course you should or there's little point in having one. It made me smile on twisty A roads but also made me cry on long motorway journeys.

The body panels were no worse than any other car I've had, in fact the Audi A4 I owned had thicker panels but I found it was more prone to dings, maybe the steel was softer?
          I think it is alumium panels, not steel - incredibly lightweight, and full of dings from stonechips.

Was not good on the motorway it has to be said, but was brilliant for safely undertaking lane 3 plodders, and getting out of trouble pretty quickly. Especially loved the overtaking ability on the back roads, but did get a couple of brown trouser moments as it delivers more power than the lightweight chassis can handle safely!

She has gone back to the pool park now, and I am missing it.

Comment

The outer wings don’t need to be thick. In fact they need to give. If the outer wings are too strong; any impact will distort the inner wing and write the car off in the event of an accident. The inner wings make the car rigid and limit the flexing of the body.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Had one from new (old shape) for 3 years and loved it. Power, practicality, looks. However, I wouldn't touch the new ones with a barge pole.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                Had to drive to Hemel Hemstead yesterday.

Heart sank when I was given the keys to a Honda Civic.

Until I saw it - it was a TypeR, complete with 6 speed gearbox, red starting button and bucket seats.

Would hate to own one, due to the fuel cost, but, what a fun car to have for a couple of nights with paid fuel - the handling and accelleration of that thing is mindblowing.

Back to my diesel focus now......
                I hope you plan to declare this BIK on your P11D.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  I think it is alumium panels, not steel - incredibly lightweight, and full of dings from stonechips.

Was not good on the motorway it has to be said, but was brilliant for safely undertaking lane 3 plodders, and getting out of trouble pretty quickly. Especially loved the overtaking ability on the back roads, but did get a couple of brown trouser moments as it delivers more power than the lightweight chassis can handle safely!

She has gone back to the pool park now, and I am missing it.
                  Dickhead!

You're an expert in automotive physics now, eh?

Pity you didn't plow into a lamppost.
                  Last edited by SupremeSpod; 8 September 2010, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    Dickhead!

You're an expert an automotive physics now, eh?

Pity you didn't plow into a lamppost.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X