• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax letters

Anyone received one?

I'll have to wait till tomorrow or friday before I get home to find out
    Coffee's for closers

What's your address?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      What's your address?

Coffee's for closers

Comment

What's your address?

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Россия.
        Сибирь.
        Деревня по имени Царь
        Третий деревянный дом.
        Бабушка с усами.
        Originally posted by chef View Post
        Russia.
        Siberia.
        The village by the name of the King
        Third wooden house.
        Grandma with a mustache.

Comment

Originally posted by atw View Post
          what's your address?

00:a0:c9:14:c8:29

Comment

What's your address?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              How big is your bath?

Comment

Should this particular problem affect contractors very much? As I understand it, the problems are mostly down to discrepancies between different sources but small company directors submit tax returns based on their own company records and it's all calculated online so there shouldn't really be any major ones. Most probably check the PAYE payment against the HMRC CD at year end too. Think the only real problem is likely to be wrong tax codes.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Telegraph: Householders forced to pay extra for taxman's blunder

Tens of thousands of householders ordered to repay tax to HM Revenue and Customs face being charged interest on the money at six times the Bank of England base rate.

Some of the 1.4 million people being told they owe a total of £2 billion in underpaid tax will have to pay 3 per cent interest on the money if they cannot pay their bill immediately. They face the charge even though the revenue is to blame for the underpayments.

Tax rebates for people who paid too much over the past two years will attract only 0.5 per cent interest.

Special message from me to Hector:
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Should this particular problem affect contractors very much? As I understand it, the problems are mostly down to discrepancies between different sources but small company directors submit tax returns based on their own company records and it's all calculated online so there shouldn't really be any major ones. Most probably check the PAYE payment against the HMRC CD at year end too. Think the only real problem is likely to be wrong tax codes.
                    Shouldn't do. But then again, some of our esteemed colleagues do use Umbrella Companies. So who knows?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X