• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I had a beer last night with Pogle...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a beer last night with Pogle...

...and we discussed what the problem was with the CUK forum.

I've arrived at the conclusion that it turned to ratsh!t when MarillionFan came back from his self-imposed(was it self-imposed? Really?) exile.

There, the elephant in the living room has been acknowledged.

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    ...and we discussed what the problem was with the CUK forum.

I've arrived at the conclusion that it turned to ratsh!t when MarillionFan came back from his self-imposed(was it self-imposed? Really?) exile.

There, the elephant in the living room has been acknowledged.
    I'm flattered. But I don't think it's even remotely possible that a single poster on a forum could be responsible.

If it was true, you would have killed the board years ago.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I'm flattered. But I don't think it's even remotely possible that a single poster on a forum could be responsible.

If it was true, you would have killed the board years ago.
      That's just it you see, I didn't, you did.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        That's just it you see, I didn't, you did.
        Basically you had a drink and discussion with someone who isn't a fan so to speak. Sample of....2.

Daily Mail logic. Brilliant.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I had a beer (or 3 or 4 or whatever) last night with another esteemed member of our congregation, we also discussed CUK and why it had gone downhill lately, can't remember the end result but the beer was excellent..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I agree about the timing but not necessarily the cause. If I remember rightly Tay reappeared around the same time (a coincidence?). There were lots of arguments, lots of people flounced. I think you give MF too much credit.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Basically you had a drink and discussion with someone who isn't a fan so to speak. Sample of....2.

Daily Mail logic. Brilliant.
              Well, you've got to ask yourself when did the forum start going down hill and people started leaving in droves.

It just so happens that it coincides with your return. Funny, eh?

One of the first things you did when you returned was to get on your high-horse about the oad thread on "light-relief".

Don't flatter yourself though. The discussion was about the forum, not you.

Comment

It's unfair to blame just MF.
                Apart from psychopaths, the board is full of freemasons, cretins, morons, Walter Mittie types, Rasputin figures, the emotionally incontinent, alcoholics and other assorted losers.
                So what do you expect?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  I agree about the timing but not necessarily the cause. If I remember rightly Tay reappeared around the same time (a coincidence?). There were lots of arguments, lots of people flounced. I think you give MF too much credit.
                  WBS

The problem in my humble opinion is all you fella's "dick waving" ALL THE BLOODY TIME!

It is quite frankly, boring.

Ye would fight about anything.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    Ye would fight about anything.
                    No we fecking wouldn't

Had to be done

Comment

Working...
                    X