• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beer in Halalifax ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer in Halalifax ?

Must be some people here working for LBHBOSFAX or whatever the **** they are calling themselves now.

Anyone for beers in Halalifax ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Must be some people here working for LBHBOSFAX or whatever the **** they are calling themselves now.

'Kin ell I was there the other week, and I could've killed for a beer!

I'll try to remember next time and post on here. It might be soon, I speak to people there most days.

I possibly speak to you?
    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
    Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Possibly, have you spoken to an argumentitive jock with tourettes ?

If so, that was probably me

Comment

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Thats because drinking in halifax is like watching tumbleweed

Dire pubs, all in dire condition, none nice at all, only saving grace is the price of a pint.

Comment

I did find a pleasant Tetley's pub in Halifax, up a back street on the way from the station to the centre. It was a proper boozer, basic but friendly.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
              'Kin ell I was there the other week, and I could've killed for a beer!

I'll try to remember next time and post on here. It might be soon, I speak to people there most days.

I possibly speak to you?
              Hey! TestMangle. Back in Halifax next week - you still around?
              Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
              Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                I did find a pleasant Tetley's pub in Halifax, up a back street on the way from the station to the centre. It was a proper boozer, basic but friendly.
                Tetley's pub!? Proper boozer, selling Tetley's? 'Kin Tetley's? That's got to be an oxymoron if ever I heard one.

Kinell. Some folk clearly wouldnt know beer if it touched their lips!
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Tetley's pub!? Proper boozer, selling Tetley's? 'Kin Tetley's? That's got to be an oxymoron if ever I heard one.

Kinell. Some folk clearly wouldnt know beer if it touched their lips!
                  Then you've never drunk it 'Oop North', it's an excellent brew in Leeds.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
                    Hey! TestMangle. Back in Halifax next week - you still around?
                    Aye, I'm here next week.

I think the Tetley pub referred to earlier is probably the Railway tavern. A strange place that seems to be really busy between about 3 pm and 7 pm with the giro brigade drinking cider and dancing to the jukebox. It's a bit of a tulip hole to be honest, but probably my favourite pub in Halalifax

Comment

Working...
                    X