• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google

Now doing live search results as you type
    Coffee's for closers

Noticed that today.

For me, they are stretching this 'innovation' malarky a bit too far now.

If it ain't broke...

Comment

Aye, it's a rather stupid idea...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Aye, it's a rather stupid idea...
        WFM - and Y:

Comment

Google's lost its way and it is adding tulip to its prime product the same way Microsoft was adding tulip to office suit from around Office 97 time - stupid Clippy etc.

It amazes me they'd even consider feature that would increase load on their own servers 5-10 times, though maybe that's good for them as it would increase number of search queries users "perform".

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            It amazes me they'd even consider feature that would increase load on their own servers 5-10 times, though maybe that's good for them as it would increase number of search queries users "perform".
            maybe it's simply "Because they can" and things like server load and the associated costs are manageable even if they get 1 up on Bing, sort of like the supermarket price wars and having loss leaders, get rid of the competition at all costs
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I'm not seeing this feature here
              Me, me, me...

Comment

google.com only has it now, .co.uk, .de and other european countries will get it within the week

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  google.com only has it now, .co.uk, .de and other european countries will get it within the week
                  I'm seeing it on co.uk?
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    I'm seeing it on co.uk?
                    that's weird, i'm not

I'm using http://www.google.co.uk Classic Home though not igoogle

Comment

Working...
                    X