• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commuting Brighton to Sutton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commuting Brighton to Sutton

Anyone done this run in a car? How long would you say?

Got the chance of a contract in Sutton and there are no direct trains, so would probably drive.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Anyone done this run in a car? How long would you say?

Got the chance of a contract in Sutton and there are no direct trains, so would probably drive.
    Well GoogleMaps says just over 5 hours start out on the B3275 but the Alfreton Road can get sticky!
    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
    Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
      Well GoogleMaps says just over 5 hours start out on the B3275 but the Alfreton Road can get sticky!
      Hmmm, 42 miles takes over 5 hours. Are you on foot?

Anyone done a drive from Brighton to Sutton (or there abours) in rush hour traffic, or is 5 hours about right to cover 42 miles on A32 and M23?

Comment

I live near Sutton, I can't speak for north-bound traffic on the M/A23 in the morning or southbound in the evening but it's going to be madness getting from the M25 in rush hour.

What are you like at cycling? You could get a train to East Croydon and then cycle to Sutton? It's only 4 miles.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
          I live near Sutton, I can't speak for north-bound traffic on the M/A23 in the morning or southbound in the evening but it's going to be madness getting from the M25 in rush hour.

What are you like at cycling? You could get a train to East Croydon and then cycle to Sutton? It's only 4 miles.
          I'm liking the idea of the train to East Croydon and hop in a taxi.

Thanks, looks like a goer.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            Hmmm, 42 miles takes over 5 hours. Are you on foot?
            Brighton is a tiny little village in`Cornwall
            Sutton (in Ashfield) is a bigger place near Mansfield

They are apparently 300 odd miles apart which is circa 5hrs.

All I did was type Brighton and Sutton into Directions in Google Maps, as a favour as you were too ******* lazy to do it.

The difficulty with the solution being I had no f*king idea where you were or wanted to be. If you hadn't been such a lazy *rse you could have JFGI yourself and possibly got a more useful answer.
            Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
            Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

All I did was type Brighton and Sutton into Directions in Google Maps, as a favour as you were too ******* lazy to do it.

The difficulty with the solution being I had no f*king idea where you were or wanted to be. If you hadn't been such a lazy *rse you could have JFGI yourself and possibly got a more useful answer.
              0/10 for not being South-Eastern centric in your outlook
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Mansfield sounds like it's up north.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  Mansfield sounds like it's up north.
                  I believe the 'Mans' part of Mansfield is due to be dropped as part of the Government cutbacks in the North.

Whole parts of the North will just become fields again.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I believe the 'Mans' part of Mansfield is due to be dropped as part of the Government cutbacks in the North.

Whole parts of the North will just become fields again.
                    When I were a lad it were ALL fields!!

SB in "Eeeeebygoom" mode
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X