• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Man Speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Man Speech

I've got to write a best man speech and I am trying to find a couple of funny one liners.
    Ideally something involving a BBQ

Has anyone got any sensible suggestions ?

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I've got to write a best man speech and I am trying to find a couple of funny one liners.

Has anyone got any sensible suggestions ?
    "I would have invited some of the groom's former girlfriends, but sadly most of them didn't make it through the foot and mouth outbreak. My, what a great barbeque that was!"
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      He likes a good Spit Roast then does he?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        He likes a good Spit Roast then does he?
        Hmmm....
        Not sure I'd get away with that

Comment

5* - I think you might be in the wrong place for clean gags.

Erm ... thnks... Something about braziers? She lit the grooms flame? If the bride is a geordie 'coals to Newcastle'?
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

BBQ - a note for the future married man. If you go to the pub, Be Back Quick.

Oh, and foreplay is good or you'll get it burnt on the outside and raw in the middle.

Comment

Women are like Barbeques..............Men love to get close to them, and imagine they know what they are doing, but in reality most of what goes on when a man gets involved is that the outside gets all warmed up, but the inside is underdone.
              To ensure things are fully finished, it may be advisable to stick something firmly inside. Some form of dagger is usually best!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

right so you want to remember how the groom proposed (always a good one)

He had a lot to drink, right, he was on his knees and what he actually said was "Will you carry me".
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

As you are introduced and stand up with your sheet and the microphone...'Ahh this is the second time today I have stood up from a warm seat with a piece of paper in my hand'

Do a search on best man speeches on the web. There are sites where people have uploaded theirs from around the world and others can rate them so you can see the best quickly. There are some belters in there and as they are from Australia, US etc there are some originals that people may never heard of before. I was crapping my load to write mine but after seeing these examples it was a doddle.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    As you are introduced and stand up with your sheet and the microphone...'Ahh this is the second time today I have stood up from a warm seat with a piece of paper in my hand'
                    Got that one

Comment

Working...
                    X