• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Plans

Tomorrow is September 11th, or as our friends across the pond call it, 9/11. To commemorate what happened on this day in 2001 in New York, various people are planning jovial activities to amuse themselves;

- a US hillbilly preacher is going to hold a Koran burning festival. Oh no, he says he isn’t. No wait, he says it will go ahead. Oh no, changed his mind again, it’s off; better call off the burger van

- A Dutch hillbilly politician is to give a speech in New York at a demonstration against building a mosque two blocks away from the WTC (even though there’s another mosque closer to WTC); the demonstration will probably be attended by hillbillies flown in from all over the states

- some little known group of radical muslim inbreds in Belgium (which apparently still exists) are planning to burn US flags

- apparently they’re already protesting in Afghanistan against the Koran burning that isn’t going ahead except if this sad little man The Daily Mash - Home changes his tiny little mind for the sixth time in three days

- I shall hold my little protest against the whole lot of them by opening a bottle of Clos de Vougeot and consuming it with some seared wood pigeon breast and truffle shavings

- On Sunday I shall be playing rugby

What shall ye and your kin be doing at the weekend?

PS, don't try to fool me into thinking it's Thursday; it isn't and I've checked.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Sounds nummy.

I shall be doing very little apart from devoting the whole weekend to baby boy. I might not even get dressed all weekend.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I will probably go into work and combine it with a bit of historical sight seeing, weather permitting. The Romans were in that neck of the woods.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Playing Vatican Roulette.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          I might not even get dressed all weekend.

Sooooo........it's all round to Mary's then!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
            You bit. Like a tiger shark.

Play it cool, bro. They love that.

Trust me.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
              She just meant that she would be in her long flannelette nighty and full length towelling bathrobe all weekend, and her slippers, her hair in curlers and a fag hanging from her mouth.

Calm down Mustang.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Missus is visiting aforementioned friend - 3hr drive each way.

I'm in charge of offspring, prepping for a permie interview on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                  She just meant that she would be in her long flannelette nighty and full length towelling bathrobe all weekend, and her slippers, her hair in curlers and a fag hanging from her mouth.

Calm down Mustang.
                  I did, I did. Honest guv.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Flying to Edinburgh tonight to spend the weekend with friends.

Comment

Working...
                    X