• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I had a beer last night with Bullwinkle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a beer last night with Bullwinkle

EO's big adventure is rolling along.
    we spent a day in SanDiego, which was a very nice small/medium sized city with a nice mexican influence.
    We got pissed in the gaslight quarter, and I got into a major knife fight
    I asked the missus if I could see 'fanny by gaslight' and she stabbed me with a fork

Then we blasted north to Sacremento via San Fransisco, stayed in a town called Auburn, then on the next day, east on the I80 to Idaho falls, giving Salt Lake City a miss.

Today was a rest day, visiting Yellowstone national park. Its been a cold day, threatening snow, but we saw coyotes, elk, bison, moose and eagles.

Tomorrow we cross into Canada, Calgary, white horse then Anchorage in Alaska, it should be a four day trip.

Driving through Idaho was an experience. Thick banks of mist, snow peaked mountains, and really nice people at the stopping places

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Jealous
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I knew the Canadians had subverted the EO clan! This will be the last we hear of him*, mark my words. He thinks he's going to make it out the other side into Alaska but we all know better.

*on ContractorUK that is. He might pop up on LumberjackCanada.

Comment

In related new sockie activity on CUK has been down markedly recently, now we know why...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          EO's big adventure is rolling along.
          we spent a day in SanDiego, which was a very nice small/medium sized city with a nice mexican influence.
          We got pissed in the gaslight quarter, and I got into a major knife fight
          I asked the missus if I could see 'fanny by gaslight' and she stabbed me with a fork

Then we blasted north to Sacremento via San Fransisco, stayed in a town called Auburn, then on the next day, east on the I80 to Idaho falls, giving Salt Lake City a miss.

Today was a rest day, visiting Yellowstone national park. Its been a cold day, threatening snow, but we saw coyotes, elk, bison, moose and eagles.

Tomorrow we cross into Canada, Calgary, white horse then Anchorage in Alaska, it should be a four day trip.

Driving through Idaho was an experience. Thick banks of mist, snow peaked mountains, and really nice people at the stopping places

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

This aint the way to Antree.

we left Yellowstone before sun up , on saturday and headed north.
            It was ten below freezing, but pretty soon the sun came out and the tempertature rose staedily till it was nine below freezing.
            Stopped off at Bozeman to tip the hat to Pirsig, and rang the bell outside the fire station, tried to explain it to my missus, with tears in my eyes, but she patted my arm and said 'Dont be a retard'.

Then it was north through Montana, surrounded by snow capped mountain ranges, an eagle with a five foot wing span surfed our 'bow wave' as we drove alongside the missouri. We hit the border and cleared immigration in 15 minutes, then ploughed up through Alberta to Edminton.

We crossed a river called 'OldMan'. The missus decided it was a jape played on the yanks by the Canadians, and I spent a pleasant hour singing to her . 'Old man Ribber' in a deep scouse accent, with some ad hoc rude lyrics.

it passes the time.

Alberta is well developed. a grain basket, and so not much of interest to the traveller, apart from the owls that hooted through the night and the harley Davidson franchise next to the hotel. We arrived at Edmonten after sun down. We are now doing 750 miles a day.

Sunday. up at 06:00, on the road at 06:45, half an hour before sun up. The missus gives me a gentle bollocking, 45 minutes is too long, I am getting old and fat. we used to do it in 30.

North west through Alberta, then into British Columbia. It's getting wild now, this is where the adventure is. We have never been this far north, perhaps we will see the aurora tonight. Last night I saw a crescent moon with a bright star in it. A night for muslims. or turks

Stopped at Fort Nelson, BC. its two more days to Ancorage.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

The last 700 miles have been a blooming ordeal.
              a seven hundred mile pot hole into Alaska, joined together by bits of road.
              like driving from lands end to john o groats over speed humps that are impossible to see.

The road is built on perma frost, when that melts, the soil liquifies and pot holes appear in the road overnight.

The wifes bum cheeks have gone numb, she walks like john wayne and the muscles in my forarms ache like hell.

In the morning the shadows are long, In the evening the shadows are long. At noon the shadows are long.
              we are so close the arctic circle, it doesnt get very dark at night, just a bit of sunset. We tried to get into a place called chicken, but the missus backed out when she found they had no lecky.

the first pioneers wanted to call it ptarmigan, but they couldnt spell it.

I was filming the Alaskan range when a mosse stuck her head out of the trees and sniffed me. She plodded on through followed by two big calves.

I hadnt heard her coming, through thick undergrowth (and I have ears like a tulip house rat)

thats a bit scary really.

we met a wolf as well, but it was about 50 m away. we havnt heard them howl yet, which is common , i believe.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

sadguru disappears and EO appears

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  sadguru disappears and EO appears
                  Now, now, behave yerself.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post