• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bicycle Recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bicycle Recommendation

I want to buy a mens bike as my little boy has just learnt to ride without stabilisers. Don't want anything too fancy and will probably buy from Halfords as they have choice. Does anyone have any particular recommendations ? Thanks.

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    I want to buy a mens bike as my little boy has just learnt to ride without stabilisers. Don't want anything too fancy and will probably buy from Halfords as they have choice. Does anyone have any particular recommendations ? Thanks.
    A mans bike..... for a little boy??

If you are buying a kids bike to last for a few years until he grows out of it then Halfords is OK.

<Aside> I do wish people would be clear with their postings </aside>

Comment

I have just one pearl of wisdom to utter on the issue; Once you've gone recumbent you never go back.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Buy an old racer from the Admag for £20, you're never going to use it so save your money.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

This one is a complete pile of old crap

Halfords | Trax TFS.1 Mens Full Suspension Mountain Bike 18"
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Decide what sort of bike you want i.e. a traditional road racer, a mountain bike or a city / commuter type bike, and then have a look on some websites such as wiggle, evans cycles, chain reaction to get an idea of prices and what is available.

Actually buying a whole bike online probably isn't a good idea, unless you are familiar enough with bike mechanics and have the tools to assemble and adjust everything yourself. A shop will take care of this and set it up to fit you properly and usually throw in a first service for free.

If they have a store near you, decathlon are worth a look. Halfords seemed to have a decent range last time I was in the one near me. Evans also have a lot of shops around the place. One thing worth looking out for are sales of previous years models. These will often have a hefty discount, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the bikes other than being last years colours & fashionable parts.

Other than that, make sure it fits you properly and get a helmet and wear it so you set a good example to your boy.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
            X