• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last night of the Proms 2010

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night of the Proms 2010

Summer is officially over.

Radio 3 is doing 320kbps as an experiment. Sounds really good, but my speakers don't do it justice.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

It's a nice programme (if a touch Germanic at the mo ). Got it running through the amp and speakers.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I've only got some little logitech speakers that are ages old.

The PC has the high quality stream on and I've got a freeview SD telly on mute that is about 1 sec behind Radio 3.

I live in total merde. I keep saying to myself, "Don't spend anything. It's only temporary." That 'temporary' is getting very worn out.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Watched it on the telly - thought it wasn't a classic (sic) LNoTP The American bint didn't impress , but Kiri was very good

Thoughts to improve:

Get rid of the round Britain section - It's a London event, let's keep it that way

Get rid of the gays waving their pink union flags People fought and died for the Union flag, to see it abused by people whose only success in life has been to secure front stage at a televised event makes me

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurBigot View Post
          People fought and died for the Union flag
          I think you will find that, in most cases, they fought and died for their fellow warriors.
          You would probably have known that if you had ever served in anything more formal than Combat 18.
          Dullard.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Who or what was on the stage at Hyde Park? I only caught the last 45 minutes and didn't see any close ups of that bit.

Not a classic performance for me. Having said that Britannia Rules the Waves and Land of Hope and Glory were fine when I was young, but seem very dated to me now.

Can it ever be the same?
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Making a septic sing Rule Britannia was a bit odd - but I suppose it does slap 'em down a bit.

It wasn't a classic night. However, I think the season over all was one of the best. Plenty of stuff for everyone to enjoy; which is what it was all about.

It even had Daleks.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                Making a septic sing Rule Britannia was a bit odd - but I suppose it does slap 'em down a bit.

It wasn't a classic night. However, I think the season over all was one of the best. Plenty of stuff for everyone to enjoy; which is what it was all about.

It even had Daleks.
                They didn't do that sailors' hornpipe thing. (Or I missed it).

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  They replaced the traditional tune with something out of Pirates of the Caribbean - bit of a mistake I feel.

Nobody recognised it so they had to repeat it.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    If it was on I missed it too, though they did a number called something like the Fisherman's Hornpipe, maybe instead.

From 2006 - why the conductor is wearing an ice cream sellers jacket I don't know

and a delightful amateur rendition which was obviously enjoyed by all
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X