• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General back at the top

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General back at the top

Minestrone posted last week (I think, the days are a blur at the minute!) suggesting lack of activity in General could be down to the positioning of the busiest part of the forum towards the bottom of the site. It is something we at CUK had been discussing so let's see what happens...

Forum has been picking up the last week or so. Could be due to the end of the summer hols, more people in contract and therefore researching contracting (i.e. skiving) or could be all the IE6 fixes and other amends that NF has sorted us out with to make this version of VB worth using. Whatever the reason if posting continues to pick up then General will stay at the top again.

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Minestrone posted last week (I think, the days are a blur at the minute!) suggesting lack of activity in General could be down to the positioning of the busiest part of the forum towards the bottom of the site. It is something we at CUK had been discussing so let's see what happens...

Forum has been picking up the last week or so. Could be due to the end of the summer hols, more people in contract and therefore researching contracting (i.e. skiving) or could be all the IE6 fixes and other amends that NF has sorted us out with to make this version of VB worth using. Whatever the reason if posting continues to pick up then General will stay at the top again.
    + the premature and welcome return of a certain poster
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

[QUOTE=administrator;1193920]Minestrone posted last week (I think, the days are a blur at the minute!) suggesting lack of activity in General could be down to the positioning of the busiest part of the forum towards the bottom of the site. It is something we at CUK had been discussing so let's see what happens...QUOTE]

crikey, I wish I had your worries, how long have you been discussing that one for, ever considered a job in local government ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Yes it's good to see Xeno and Oracleslave back.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Also, it would be nice to get rid of that waiting period for soc... new logins to be approved for posting, moderators are here to ban obvious spamme

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Yes, we were getting low on cross-dressing bedwetters for a while there.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Whatever the reason if posting continues to pick up then General will stay at the top again.
              Well, folks now we've got official permission to post a lot of tulip on here - let's not disappoint admin

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Well, folks now we've got official permission to post a lot of tulip on here - let's not disappoint admin
                Like it ever stopped you.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Just sent you PM - nice to see you back

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    crikey, I wish I had your worries, how long have you been discussing that one for, ever considered a job in local government ?

Milan.
                    Something tells me a local Gov job might not be the best career move at present. Will wait for Labour to get back in before attempting that one.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

We just need Toolpusher back now

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Also, it would be nice to get rid of that waiting period for soc... new logins to be approved for posting, moderators are here to ban obvious spamme
                    1 clean post is all that is needed. With the change of CAPTCHA we are seeing more spam in the mod queue so am reluctant to remove this at present.
                    Last edited by administrator; 13 September 2010, 13:54. Reason: fixing quote

Comment

Working...
                    X