• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Strike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Strike

BBC News - Unions support joint industrial action over cuts

Delegates debated a motion calling for the TUC's general council to "support and co-ordinate campaigning and joint union industrial action, nationally and locally, in opposition to attacks on jobs, pensions, pay or public services". It could lead to strikes if the cuts are not scaled back.

The motion rejected the idea that cuts were necessary to pay for the deficit and said they were a "savage and opportunistic attack on public services" which "goes far further than even the dark days of Thatcher".
    The RMT accuses ministers of launching "all-out class warfare".
    Winter of discontent anyone? Bob Crow as the new Scargill?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

This man and his vastly overpaid door operatives are the new Luddites.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I preferred the old Luddites.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Let them all go on strike. Will the sun still rise and set? Yes. Okay carry on.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          I bet Bob and his crew don't come out in sympathy...

Comment

Phew, I thought for a moment that General forum is going on strike ...

Comment

Will anybody notice that the public sector is on strike ?
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

The Tories must be loving this. The unions have walked right into their trap. They are spouting about 'General Strikes' etc before any cuts have really taken place. The shouts of 'storm the palace' are going to fail.

If the unions had any sense they would be keeping their gobs shut until people were really suffering and then agitate.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I just don't get all this at all.

British Airways losses amout to £531 mil so the cabin staff go on strike for better pay and conditions. WTF!!!

The country is in a huge amount of debt and everyone agree's savings must be made to reduce the debt so the civil service goes on strike which is going to cost even more money so requiring greater cuts in the future. WTF!!

I just don't understand it Guess I just need to turn the radio off when this type of news comes on just so my blood doesn't start to boil.

Maybe it is easy to say when it's not actually my job at risk but still...........
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X