• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rugby Referees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rugby Referees

After several years of playing rugby, I have now moved in to refereeing. No more physical contact, but still keeping in touch with the game.

Are there any other referees on the board, who give up their weekends etc to ensure that the beautiful game continues in all its glory?
    SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

not a referee but like yourself no paying any more and would like to give something back to the game

How did you get involved in the ref side of things?

Comment

My local society USRFR had a massive recruiting campaign this year. Fully funded training, all kit at a massively reduced price, a full 15 week training programme with mentoring.

Refereed my first two matches this weekend.
      SUFTUM

Comment

i'll take a look at the local society see what they have to say.

Hope you know the 'underworld' goings on of the front row?? ? ? ? ? ?

Comment

Unfortunately I have spent far to much time in the close company of first rows, and am very aware of the sub culture and goings on.
          SUFTUM

Comment

thats always been my gripe as a player, some newbie ref saunters along thinking they are brill, give em a bit of power and they think they know the lot about every position

Did ref a ladies game a good few years ago, crikey how hard, if you whistle for every offence you'd get no rugby, dont whistle enough they'll all be knackered

Comment

Its getting the balance right and making good use of advantage
              SUFTUM

Comment

see far too much advantage played, several phases then back for a penalty, almost like go on have a few goes, you failed but i'll reward you a penalty anyhow, annoys me

or if the attacking team kicks the ball away after penalty given, cos they know they've got a penalty, should be tough luck, do something imaginative with the ball or i'll say play on

Comment

My Dad has "retired" into reffing & organising Ladies Rugby. He loves it. Makes an old man happy
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Interesting - In Ulster advantage lasts for 5 seconds approximately or until it can be seen that no advantage has been gained. It never goes more than one phase ahead.

But... there is nothing better than seeing a ball move up the field with good handling rucking and mauling.
                    SUFTUM

Comment

Working...
                    X