• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) and criminal record.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Clearance (SC) and criminal record.

I am looking at a number of roles which require SC level security clearance.

I understand that it is essential to declare any criminal convictions even if spent.

I was arrested back in 1993 for Kerb Crawling (I'm not proud of it but it was a long time ago). I pleaded guilty and received a small fine at the magistrates court. I have no other convictions.

My question is;
    Although the offence is not that serious (at the time I believe it was treated as a non-recordable offence), would it prevent me from obtaining SC ? i.e. be treated as more of a problem because of its embarassing nature.

Thanks,

Dan.

Originally posted by WesternMan View Post

I understand that it is essential to declare any criminal convictions even if spent.

I was arrested back in 1993 for Kerb Crawling (I'm not proud of it but it was a long time ago). I pleaded guilty and received a small fine at the magistrates court. I have no other convictions.

My question is;
    Although the offence is not that serious (at the time I believe it was treated as a non-recordable offence), would it prevent me from obtaining SC ? i.e. be treated as more of a problem because of its embarassing nature.

Thanks,

Dan.
    I can't see it being an issue. I have had DV clearance and I have had convictions for offences more serious than kerb crawling. If you don't declare it you will not get the clearance.
    SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by WesternMan View Post

My question is;

Thanks,

Dan.

WellI know at least one person guilty of that and he has got SC clearance
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Double whammy! You don't get laid but get a conviction instead. Harsh

I can't see there being a problem with it. It was ages ago and you've been up front with them.

Comment

Could you be blackmailed over it?

That is what they are really interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Could you be blackmailed over it?
            Yes - if you don't declare it...

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
              Yes - if you don't declare it...

Your family/social circle does not read the documentation you send through.

"I'll tell your wife that you got done for <<crime>> 6 years ago if you don't do something for me."

Works better if it was using prossies rather than fighting in the street.

Comment

Working...
              X