• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate Doom

Looks like the climate sceptics in the US senate are about to torpedo Mr Obama's attempt to save the world from AGW:

Republican 'climate zombies' could claim the US Senate | Leo Hickman | Environment | guardian.co.uk

oh how sad.

I'm alright Jack

I'll never understand why people are so determined to keep our right to pollute as much as possible.

Comment

If the US and China won't do it there isn't much point in the rest of trying.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ItsQuickerAntiClockwise View Post
        I'll never understand why people are so determined to keep our right to pollute as much as possible.

I'll never understand why people are so determined to keep our right to not to pay huge amounts of taxes and energy bills, destroy huge tracts of the rainforests for biodiesel, deindustrialise and drive communities back to a standard of living comparable with the 19th century, and cover the remaining areas of natural beauty with unsightly wind generators for a completely useless cause as much as possible.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

I'll never understand why people are so determined to keep our right to not to pay huge amounts of taxes and energy bills, destroy huge tracts of the rainforests for biodiesel, deindustrialise and drive communities back to a standard of living comparable with the 19th century, and cover the remaining areas of natural beauty with unsightly wind generators for a completely useless cause as much as possible.

And what if its discovered they were right after all, do we shrug our shoulders and tell our kids .... 'yeah sorry about that!'

Anyway we don't NEED to be taking 4 holidays a year to the Costa Del Sol on Ryanairs cheapest flight.

If I had my way, I'd make every flight £100 minimum to discourage people from needlessly travelling everywhere.

Comment

Working...
          X