• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you stay motivated?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you stay motivated?

WFH today.

Working on a mind numbing data mapping exercise - source to target. God it's boring. I'm doing anything but concentrating on the job in hand.

How do others stay motivated enough to be able to concentrate on these mind numbing tactical tasks?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WFH today.

Working on a mind numbing data mapping exercise - source to target. God it's boring. I'm doing anything but concentrating on the job in hand.

How do others stay motivated enough to be able to concentrate on these mind numbing tactical tasks?
    In that type of situation I do bursts of work for twenty minutes at a time and then do a few posts.
    Last edited by Paddy; 15 September 2010, 08:30.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

WFH today.

Currently writing UAT test plans for minor changes. Not my job but they layed off so many people I inherit all the mind numbing stuff on top of the regular day job.

Chin up MF.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

listen to music.. loud
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

WFH today.

Create a new sockie

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            In that type of situation I do bursts of work for twenty minutes at a time and then do a few posts.
            Doing that

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Create a new sockie
            Done that

Originally posted by chef View Post
            listen to music.. loud
            Haven't done that. Right, where's the Rammstein?

Comment

WFH today.

Think about the money.

Honey.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

WFH today.

I try and ensure that I have sufficient resources to be able to delegate the crap jobs to.

Hth.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                  Think about the money.

Honey.
                  It's a life of luxury my son! N n n n n n n n n n!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    I try and ensure that I have sufficient resources to be able to delegate the crap jobs to.

Hth.
                    I am the resource on this one!

Comment

Working...
                    X