• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm nearly 94% there way there

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm nearly 94% there way there

I had BA trying to sell me an American Express card this morning - no thanks.

Having access to my previous flight history they think know my weak spots to push a sale. They say, "using this card at a rate of x for y your balance will stand at z which means you'll have enough to fly to <frequent popular destination>"

In my case it was the Caribbean that needs 50,000 BA miles. I already have 46,676 so I'm nearly 94% the way there.

My only source of BA miles at the moment is cashing in the Tesco club card vouchers. A rough estimate suggests that at my current rate of spending, I've only got two years until I've got enough for the trip.

Nice to have a target and have demonstrable progress on the plan to get there.

That is more than can be said for most IT projects that you lot are working on.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

Having access to my previous flight history they think know my weak spots to push a sale. They say, "using this card at a rate of x for y your balance will stand at z which means you'll have enough to fly to <frequent popular destination>"

In my case it was the Caribbean that needs 50,000 BA miles. I already have 46,676 so I'm nearly 94% the way there.

My only source of BA miles at the moment is cashing in the Tesco club card vouchers. A rough estimate suggests that at my current rate of spending, I've only got two years until I've got enough for the trip.

If you have a standard Amex card you get 1 air mile for every £1. For the upgraded card which costs £150 per year you get 1.5 air miles per card.

You get 600 airmiles for a £2.50 voucher. You get 1 point for every £4 you spend with a Tesco Credit Card outside of Tesco and 1 point for every £1 at Tesco.
    For spending at Tescos you get 2 points for every £1 (as it's double points)

If you spend £20000 p/a on a standard Amex card in a year you get a companion voucher which lasts for 12 Months. This means when you use your airmiles you can get two seats for one and thus bring someone else. If you spend £10000 p/a on a upgraded card you get a voucher which lasts for 24 months!!!

MF has 40000 airmiles remaining having cashed in 150k last year. He also has £200 worth of Tesco Vouchers. MF spends £80000 p/a on Credit Cards, of which £20000 goes on Amex and £8000 goes to Tescos.

Q. How long before MF has enough airmiles to fly business class to New Zealand with all the wife & all the kids for less than £400?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Anyway, what you talking about HAB. You only need about 3600 air miles. Thats £12.50 in vouchers. You could knock that up just by buying something off Tesco direct.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

Well the project I'm on is at 100% so there

100% late
        100% underfunded
        100% underesourced
        100% fecked

But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Q. How long before MF has enough airmiles to fly business class to New Zealand with all the wife & all the kids for less than £400?
          I know she's a whale, mate, but that was uncalled for.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            I know she's a whale, mate, but that was uncalled for.
            Bit harsh.

How's the wife?

(Standard MF reply to said insult, intended for illustration purposes, not representitive of any posters live or dead, in relationship or not with op)

Comment

Bit harsh.

How's the wife?

(Standard MF reply to said insult, intended for illustration purposes, not representitive of any posters live or dead, in relationship or not with op)
              Ask her when she posts.

Comment

Bit harsh.

How's the wife?

I wish ex-mrs HAB was a good-looker like that.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                X