• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An unconventional way to land

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An unconventional way to land

Pilot escapes glider crash - Telegraph

But he got to crawl away from it.

I've always wanted to have a ride in a glider but I get both vertigo and claustrophobia so I've always been put off by the possibility of the onset of a panic attack at 3,000 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      I've always wanted to have a ride in a glider but I get both vertigo and claustrophobia so I've always been put off by the possibility of the onset of a panic attack at 3,000 feet.
      You could always open the canopy and leave
      Me, me, me...

Comment

You'll be fine, just have a drink to calm your nerves beforehand.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

They can soon land again if you don't like it. No harm done

They also carry sickbags.

Comment

Wouldn't suggest drinking beforehand - most light aircraft/gliders carry vom bags - normally part of the cockpit preparation checklist when you carry passengers. Take some of those anti-vom pills beforehand if you want to.

Not been gliding, not really my scene. Well, unless you count engine failure sims. Nothing more spooky seeing an engine on the right making a lot of noise and the one on the left completely quiet and stationary. Better than Senokot.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

What about spiders and/or snakes? It could be the ideal time to overcome three or four phobias at once!
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I'll wager that seeing both of them stationary at the same time is probably even more exciting.

Especially if you're up in the air at the time.
                "You hear that whistling sound, Mr Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability... It is the sound of your rough field landing... Goodbye, Mr. Anderson"
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                X