• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wipro?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wipro?

Been approached by them (via a company called Emeerio, who I've never heard of) for a fairly short contract, and wondering how to play it. They must be fairly desperate to start looking in the Anglo-Saxon talent pool, so I'm thinking 'quote silly rate' and see just how desperate they are. Or should I be thinking '10 foot bargepole' here?

Any useful suggestions? (Or is that way too much to hope for?)
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

relocation?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Was offered the opportunity to take a permie role with them as solutions architect. Didn't sound too promising aside from the pay, which wasn't bad really. Looks like they're growing here and they're always going to need good front men who can take on the more important/senior level client facing tasks.

Comment

No relocation involved, just a commute to the tuliptiest part of Bedfordshire (clue, it's near an airport).
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
          (clue, it's near an airport).
          so it is relocation then they just haven't told you that bit yet

Comment

what about Bangalore? Sunny and you could afford a nice big house + cows...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Client site or Wipro offices?
              "The Kop's exclusive, an institution, and if you're a member of the Kop you feel you're a member of a society, you've got thousands of friends around you and they're united and loyal"

Comment

No relocation involved, just a commute to the tuliptiest part of Bedfordshire (clue, it's near an airport).
                Sounds familiar. I work in the tuliptiest part of Bedfordshire for such a client who use Wipro staff. Spooky. The client is a very decent company. And the canteen is excellent.

Traffic is VERY heavy.

Fungus

Comment

I've told them £450 a day. Haven't heard anything back. Seems it was a big Exchange migration, 5K plus users.
                  I've probably had a lucky escape methinks.

You know when you've been Wipro'd.

Comment

I've told them £450 a day. Haven't heard anything back. Seems it was a big Exchange migration, 5K plus users.
                    I've probably had a lucky escape methinks.

You know when you've been Wipro'd.
                    Good luck. I've heard that rates are lower here than London and Thames Valley.

Fungus

Comment

Working...
                    X