• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diamonds and gold in recession...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamonds and gold in recession...

Just turned on one of those gems tV selling programs, saw presenter trying to sell ring with lots of diamonds for ... £8691.00 ... AAA Tanzanite & Diamond 18K White Gold Ring tgw 5.33cts ... decided to watch for a bit to see if someone buys it for that amount

2 minutes later they drop price to £2999!!! then minute later £1999!!!

It's £1899 right now - only 2 rings available, should I buy?!!

**** they sold them at £1899!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Just turned on one of those gems tV selling programs, saw presenter trying to sell ring with lots of diamonds for ... £8691.00 ... AAA Tanzanite & Diamond 18K White Gold Ring tgw 5.33cts ... decided to watch for a bit to see if someone buys it for that amount

2 minutes later they drop price to £2999!!! then minute later £1999!!!

It's £1899 right now - only 2 rings available, should I buy?!!
      Well, if you had sold short @ 2999 you could have covered latter and made at least a grand!
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        Well, if you had sold short @ 2999 you could have covered latter and made at least a grand!
        Yes I could have done that, then repeated it many times over and buy all the material things in the world one could possibly desire and then some more BUT ...

I would not have felt I've earned it

Comment

Good stuff. Sounds like my silver choker with sapphires is going to stand the test of time!

BTW. I've worked on that shopping channel.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            BTW. I've worked on that shopping channel.

We hired recently an employee who worked there...

Comment

Working...
            X