• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project Manager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Manager

with gap analysis and project co ordination - 275 a day anyone?

Emma dear, location, type of industry etc

Comment

I assume you are after an extremely junior PM for £275/day? Possibly a first timer, a BA maybe, looking to get their first PM gig? But as harrysp says, location and a few more details please and I might be able to help.

Comment

ops sorry guys!

but yes your right a ba/jnr pm type bod

based nr Bristol for a government project

Comment

What area of government: defence, NHS, Work & Pensions? What sort of project: finance, HR, accounts, POS? Any particular skills or previous experience required and how much? For example, is it a waste of time anyone who's never done government work before or who hasn't got a PRINCE2 practitioner's certificate applying?

Emma, my friendly advice is that there's no point in being coy if you want to generate interest from bulletin boards full of hardened hacks, especially if you only have very low paying gigs on offer. You've got to really work to sell those bottom of the barrel placements. Only if you've got £500/day gigs on offer can you afford to be cagey and rely on people coming to you for more info, but for £275/day gigs few people will bother to even look up from their morning paper unless it's all there in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
            ....for £275/day gigs few people will bother to even look up from their morning paper unless it's all there in front of them.
            The equivalent permie salary, by the usual rule of thumb, would be £27,500, which compares with the Office of National Statistics (ONS) national average wage of full-time workers in the UK of £26,989; or the average wage of a professional worker of £34,828; the average wage of a full-time worker in the Culture, Media & Sport sector of £34,804; or the average of a full-time teaching professional of £30,803. The average salary in London, according to the ONS, is £39,107.

Yes it's a living but it's not what makes people go contract, is it? You could make more as a train driver, get cheap travel and a pension, leave all thoughts of work behind when you knock off, and know that the job will still be there in 6 months. And never have to deal with IR35, whingeing or jealous permies, or even agents.

Comment

>The equivalent permie salary, by the usual rule of thumb, would be £27,500

How do you work that out? I normally reckon at (daily rate) x200, which roughly equates to 10 months. In this case that's £55,000. Any more than 10 months is a bonus therefore.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                >The equivalent permie salary, by the usual rule of thumb, would be £27,500

How do you work that out? I normally reckon at (daily rate) x200, which roughly equates to 10 months. In this case that's £55,000. Any more than 10 months is a bonus therefore.
                Usual rule of thumb, ask Malvolio, he's much more eloquent than I am. It doesn't compare directly, because contractors generally behave differently, for example not getting sick or taking 5 weeks' holiday.

Comment

Working...
                X