• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh No....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh No....

Labour level with Conservatives as LibDems wane | Reuters

Please no, not in my lifetime. In fact not in this century if you don't mind.

FFS it will be a lot worst than that in a year's time.

It's how they stand in four or five years that matters.

Comment

Unfortunately it does appear that the public at large do not see the connection between what is happening now and who was in charge for the last 13 years - they just look at who is in charge now. Labour created money for all, big benefits for the lazy, public sector jobs and nice pensions for as many people as they could, and vast stacks of money for anyone lucky enough to own a house. Now the b*strard Tories are in it all seems to be going pear-shaped

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
        Unfortunately it does appear that the public at large do not see the connection between what is happening now and who was in charge for the last 13 years - they just look at who is in charge now. Labour created money for all, big benefits for the lazy, public sector jobs and nice pensions for as many people as they could, and vast stacks of money for anyone lucky enough to own a house. Now the b*strard Tories are in it all seems to be going pear-shaped
        Before voting in five years time, the ordinary man in the street will remember the boom years 1997-2008 (all under Labour) and the downturns 1992-1996 and 2009-2015 (nearly all under the Tories).

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Before voting in five years time, the ordinary man in the street will remember the boom years 1997-2008 (all under Labour) and the downturns 1992-1996 and 2009-2015 (nearly all under the Tories).
          I hope that's something which the Tory PR machine will be dealing with when the time comes.

I rather suspect that the coalition have set the recovery plans at top speed so as to get the pain over in the first 2 years, and then have a couple of years of decent recovery to put the country back on its feet. They sure as heck won't want to be going into the next election without something positive happening.

Comment

Originally posted by JobsAGoodUn View Post
            I hope that's something which the Tory PR machine will be dealing with when the time comes.

I rather suspect that the coalition have set the recovery plans at top speed so as to get the pain over in the first 2 years, and then have a couple of years of decent recovery to put the country back on its feet. They sure as heck won't want to be going into the next election without something positive happening.
            You are right, but I don't suspect it - I know it!

The trouble is, 'events' can always bugger up the best-laid plans...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              A much mocked man, but he did talk sense.
              I remember that. It reminds me of the parable of the farmer's three sons.

Comment

People are affected a lot by velocity, not position. If things are seen to be improving in 4 years after cuts and so on, Tories will be popular. If they're still cutting everything and everyone's miserable, they'll be out.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by JobsAGoodUn View Post
                  Or failing that, reinstating public executions and picking suitable public hate figures or scapegoats such as top brass bankers, and previous government treasury decision makers would work too.

Comment

Working...
                  X