• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monarch Of The Glenn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monarch Of The Glenn

has anybody been watching this? I didn't see any of these programmes when they were first serialised on the BBC but am thoroughly enjoying the re runs on ITV3 every evening. I always make sure I'm on the sofa, in my jim jams with my tea on my lap ready for the start at 7.50.

last night's episode was very sad though as it was the one in which Richard Briers' character was killed off.

One thing that fascinates me about the programme is the main character, Archie, and particularly his romantic interests or lack thereof.
    During the first series, we were introduced to the tempestuous relationship between him and his then wife, Justine, as his sights became trained on an old schoolfriend, Catriona, who had returned to Glenbogle. Finally splitting with his wife, the writers teased viewers with a "Will they or won't they" scenario between Archie and Catriona for the rest of the series until, finally we relised that they weren't going to.

Now Archie is due to marry his housekeeper Alexi who promplty dumped him at the altar last night, though with a promise to marry him at a later date.

Well, all this suspense is just too much for me so my question to the good people of this forum (assuming you are also keen Glenners like myself) is this; does Archie ever marry Alexi or anyone else for that matter?
    Last edited by gricerboy; 16 September 2010, 12:54.

Glen has one n.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Glen has one n.
      Yes, I know. It was a mere typo but the editor does not furnish one with the opportunity to make any corrections to any spelling errors one may have made whilst being engaged in the act of typing the title.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        Yes, I know. It was a mere typo but the editor does not furnish one with the opportunity to make any corrections to any spelling errors one may have made whilst being engaged in the act of typing the title.
        Then pay more attention.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Then pay more attention.
          Are you a Glenner?

Comment

Are you a Glenner?
            If you're referring to a TV program no, I have a life.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Are you a Glenner?
              As a former resident of Bristol, I am not going to fall for that.

Urban Dictionary: Glenner
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                As a former resident of Bristol, I am not going to fall for that.

Urban Dictionary: Glenner
                Ooh! I've been found out lol!

Comment

I have a life.
                  Bit ironic since you live next to the "Eastern Necropolis" I would say lol!

Comment

Bollox
                    It's quite obvious you are a very poor sockpuppet, is it not time you gave this one up?
                    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                    X