• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

... and you think you rate isn't enough!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... and you think you rate isn't enough!!

Maintenance guys free climbing a 1768 ft tower. These guys must have balls of steel. I got a cold sweat on just watching the dam vid.. Madness

Climing a 1768ft tower
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

There isn't enough money in the world to persuade me to do that. I actually had to stop the vid and make a cup of tea.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I got sweaty palms just watching that almost couldn't watch to the end
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Mad isn't it. I had to do same. Seem nasty stuff on the internet but very rarely do they invoke a reaction like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Mad isn't it. I had to do same. Seem nasty stuff on the internet but very rarely do they invoke a reaction like this one.
          Imagine that in iMax?
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Imagine if you got up there and dropped your screwdriver.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

How do you get into it, do you think? Do they train you to go a few feet further each time, or find people who just don't suffer vertigo?

I've stood on the edge of the Grand Canyon and it's an odd feeling. Actually, I was probably no closer than 6 feet from the edge... but I physically couldn't get any closer.

Anyone else been on the Canyon Skywalk?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yikes!

One thing I noticed was that the tower wasn't very climber friendly.

There were a couple of points where he was transitioning from different levels of the tower and there wasn't much room for him to put his feet - would have been too much for them to build a ledge?

Also, when he was climbing the rungs, he was just looping his clip into them - not very secure. Again, why could they not make periodic holes nearby for the climber to use?

Comment

I find it hard enough to look at old photos of the "sky-boys" - workers constructing sky-scapers in New York
                  Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    Yikes!

One thing I noticed was that the tower wasn't very climber friendly.

There were a couple of points where he was transitioning from different levels of the tower and there wasn't much room for him to put his feet - would have been too much for them to build a ledge?

Also, when he was climbing the rungs, he was just looping his clip into them - not very secure. Again, why could they not make periodic holes nearby for the climber to use?
                    Yeah, there is one point where he is struggling and grabs hold of one of the bolts to pull himself up!! F that! lol

Comment

Working...
                    X