• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A question for you....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question for you....

One often gets the impression on visiting these fora that the average CUKer is a twenty something fan of heavy music pop music.

With the exception of SASGURU that is who has evidently barely reached puberty. In fact I am led to believe that the real reason for his so called "flouncing" is that his mummy has confiscated his pc & he can no longer get online. Never mind sas, I bet you look a picture in that little page boys's outfit she makes you wear when you accompany her to church of a Sunday!

Anyway, that's by the by. I think it's time we were honest about our ages and, rather than simply asking how old you all are, I'd like to be a little more cryptic and pose this question; what was number one in the hit parade on the day you were born?

Here's mine for a starter; My Ding A Ling by Chuck Berry.

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    One often gets the impression on visiting these fora that the average CUKer is a twenty something fan of heavy music pop music.

With the exception of SASGURU that is who has evidently barely reached puberty. In fact I am led to believe that the real reason for his so called "flouncing" is that his mummy has confiscated his pc & he can no longer get online. Never mind sas, I bet you look a picture in that little page boys's outfit she makes you wear when you accompany her to church of a Sunday!

Anyway, that's by the by. I think it's time we were honest about our ages and, rather than simply asking how old you all are, I'd like to be a little more cryptic and pose this question; what was number one in the hit parade on the day you were born?

Here's another phishing question. What is your Mother's Maiden name?

Comment

Apparently it was Art Garfunkel: Bright Eyes.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Summat about blue birds and cliffs, <ahem> all set to a kicking beat. Just the sort of thing us kids get down to these days down at the box social. Eh?
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

I think it's time we were honest about our ages and, rather than simply asking how old you all are, I'd like to be a little more cryptic and pose this question; what was number one in the hit parade on the day you were born?

The first UK singles chart was published by NME in 1952. So N/A.
          Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Petula Clark - "This Is My Song"

Comment

Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes. Whom I have never heard of.

I narrowly missed out on "seasons in the sun". When I were a lad we used to go into the pub full of people we didn't like, put that on the juke box 5 times and bugger off.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

what was number one in the hit parade on the day you were born?
                T Rex - Hot Love

Comment

Dunno - I was a bit young at the time.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Elvis - It's Now or Never
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X